Server Help Friend Can't Connect to my Farm!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Metal Kitten, May 16, 2018.

1. Metal Kitten

Metal Kitten Yeah, You!

Hi there! So I'm trying to host a farm for my friend to join, but every time we've tried to far, he always gets stuck on the loading screen, only to be kicked off not long after with an error that says "The Server Has Closed The Connection". On my end, it shows him joining in the lower left corner, and then quitting not long after. We tried to solve the issue by having him make the farm, but then when I tried to join him, I instead got the error. I don't have this issue with anyone else I have played Stardew with.

So far, what we've tried is having him verify his game files, but still no luck. Is this a common issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Since I forgot to add this: right after Stardew multiplayer came out, him and I did manage to play! This is a recent issue that has only just started happening, over the past few days.

ecliff4 likes this.
    • Kimiko7116

Kimiko7116 Yeah, You!

My friends are having the same issue. If friend A hosts the farm, friend B can't connect. If friend B host the farm, friend A can't connect. The work-around we found is if I host the farm, then they both can connect. Maybe it has to do with distance?? I live in Texas, one lives in California and one lives in Rhode island.

ecliff4 likes this.
      • Metal Kitten

Metal Kitten Yeah, You!

It’s very possible it’s distance, since my friend lives in Australia. But.. the only thing that goes against that, is that we were able to play beforehand. As I said, this is a new issue, so I have no idea. :(

• Xeffit

Xeffit Space Hobo

i've the same bug but i try to play with my sister (she is in the same house) so i don't think it's the distance, or a short distance is problem too (sorry for my english i'm french and bad)

ecliff4 likes this.
          • airbenderedacted

airbenderedacted Master Chief

I'm having this issue too! Has anyone found a fix to it yet?? We're dying DX

ecliff4 likes this.
            • jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

I had a bug with not being able to connect as well. I crashed and then tried to rejoin my brother's server(once again same house), it showed up, but I join, and it said loading forever, and then I got the same error.

ecliff4 likes this.
              • Metal Kitten

Metal Kitten Yeah, You!

The official release came out a few days ago, and once more, him and I can still not connect to each other. Same issue. Please, this is really irritating, I want to play it with him :( Any chance we can get a response from a Dev?

• enjoythemayo

enjoythemayo Space Hobo

I am having the same issue. My boyfriend and I were trying to play and we took turns making farms to test if it was a computer error or if it was a Stardew bug. Every time he tried to connect to my farm (starting from the second day after we both sleep), his screen would appear black. It says that he and I are on the same server but then he crashes. Same goes for me, on his farm. I would "connect" to his farm and then it would say "Stardew Valley has stopped working" and I would crash. Has there been no fix yet?

Hopefully, this bug will be fixed soon... I got frustrated and both of us are pretty sad that the one game that we can play together is unplayable in co-op mode.

EDIT: so turns out I was stuck playing on the beta version; I uninstalled and reinstalled (no beta) and we got the game to work just fine.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
                  • ecliff4

ecliff4 Space Spelunker

Were you previously playing on beta or was it your first time with multiplayer and you somehow were stuck on beta anyway? My friend and I can't play together for more than 30-90 seconds regardless of which one of us hosts, whether we're in the same place or not. If anyone else finds a fix please post!

• enjoythemayo

enjoythemayo Space Hobo

Hi! So long story short, one of my OTHER friends and I were playing on beta in early June, and I assumed beta was still running in August (I was not aware that they included the co-op update for normal Stardew). Therefore when my boyfriend got the game (a few days ago), we played on the beta version instead of the normal multiplayer which caused us to crash every time. Upon uninstalling and reinstalling stardew (without the beta), we were able to work the game just fine.

What about your situation?