Friendly Greetings from Ohio, USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by rfelyran1977, Jul 4, 2019.

1. rfelyran1977

rfelyran1977 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, I'm rfelyran1977, although I go simply by "Rin". I formerly was known as "rin_elyran", but I opted to start on a blank slate and have the old account removed. Nevertheless, I'm happy to have (re)joined the Chucklefish Forums. :3

I was born to Czech, Slovak, German and Scotch-Irish descent, and I have an open and nondiscriminatory mind for all nationalities and creeds. I work locally by contract as a computer technician, though I mainly do a variety of computer-related tasks for a local attorney.

I have quite a lengthy list of interests, though for the sake of thread length, I'll keep it at seven:
    - Playing and modding Starbound. I have been working on a personal mod pack since purchasing Starbound in December 2018.
    - Hanging out with friends on Second Life, the program I used to create my profile picture. I frequently RP on Second Life as a fox (my second most favorite animal, next to the wolf).
    - Collecting and playing classic video games, from the Nintendo Entertainment System to the PlayStation 3
    - Collecting electrical and electronic devices. Ages range anywhere from 7 days to 70 years.
    - Playing music (e.g. guitar, Appalachian/mountain dulcimer, violin, keyboard, synthesizer, drum machine)
    - Anything related to the 1980s, especially tech from 1986
    - Synthwave and retrowave music

My reason for starting a fresh account: relatively new gaming laptop. My friend loaned me one of his gaming computers from 2014 to 2019, and he had Starbound on it, thus I began my first account here on Chucklefish Forums, with the intent of downloading mods. This past week, I returned his gaming computer after having the laptop for seven months (I purchased my own copy of Starbound shortly after purchasing the laptop). With his computer back in his possession, I decided it was time for a new Chucklefish Forums account.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello, Rin. Welcome (back) to the forums.

rfelyran1977 likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the forums, Rin! Good to have you here!

rfelyran1977 likes this.
  4. rfelyran1977

Thank you both very kindly. I'm quite happy to be here. :3

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  5. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Heya there! I am not active in it openly ATM, but if your interest in quote "modding Starbound" runs into issues, I would not mind to give advice. :notworthy:

rfelyran1977 likes this.
  6. rfelyran1977

Thank you for the offer, Charlatan. I could definitely use any kind of help with modding. :up: