1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FTL drive offline after completing 3 bosses -gamebreak

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by empiredog, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empiredog

empiredog Space Hobo

Hey guys,

I've recently encountered an issue with my ship's FTL drive being offline. I was mining on an extreme planet on a multiplayer vanilla, I got a message about some ship error and was kicked from the game, when I relogged, I couldn't beam up to my ship or to any party members. I killed my character in Lava thinking it was lag and ended up respawning in a limbo state still near the core of a planet. I left and restarted in single player and managed to get back on my ship, but when I went to travel to my home world I found out the FTL drive was offline. I checked the SAIL ai and it was having the reboot message displayed when the game first starts, which I fixed with an admin ai command. However the FTL drive is still offline. I re-ran the Mining Facility quest and tried the /admin /spawnitem FTLrepairkit
    The game states that the FTL has been repaired and is now working, though when I check the map to travel it still says offline. If anyone has any ideas what's going on, or if I need to provide more info please let me know.

This same issue has also happened to my friend, in a similar fashion, so I believe it's a new bug.
    We both also beat three of the bosses, so it's not the fuel tank bug following the Mining Facility mission.

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

I don't know what to say here but maybe the re-instalation of the starbound help.. don't worry steam cloud save your progress

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Were you unable to fix your FTL drive with an aicommand?

Also, was this a public server, or private one?

4. empiredog

empiredog Space Hobo

No, it's still offline, I used an Ai command to fix the reboot issue, and tried the repairkit, and reran the mission. The server was also a public one, and I read that sometimes when the mission is run on multiplayer the FTL gets set to offline on singleplayer, though I originally completed the mission on single player and just accompanied a friend when they went to run the mission. However when I asked them about their FTL drive they aren't having any issues.

Do you know what the AI command for the FTL drive is? Since normally it goes through the rabbit upgrade screen, and my ship is already at Falcon class.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

/aicommand upgradeShip3

If that doesn't work, you might want to just delete your shipworld file to generate a fresh one.

6. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

remember to take the stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.