1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Fullscreen Zoom Issue|2k Resolution|

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emperor Dalek, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Emperor Dalek

Emperor Dalek Intergalactic Tourist

(Screenshot: Settings)
    Settings.jpg

Hi Team,

The issue is not worrisome and does not create crashes but inconvenient.

When entering the game in 2k Fullscreen the furthest out zoom is close up as if it was 1080p.
    (Screenshot: Before Window Switch)

Once switched to Windowed it will resize and be the correct zoom, then I have to switch back to Fullscreen and it will stay the correct zoom.
    (Screenshot: After Window Switch)

If the game is started in Windowed Borderless the zoom is fine and correct.
    (Screenshot: Fullscreen Borderless)

Specs:
    Steam Stardew Valley BuildID - 3949834
    OS: x64 Windows 10 Pro | Version: 1903 | Build: 18362.418
    CPU: i7-8700k
    Ram: 16GB (2x8gb) - DDR4 - 3200Mhz
    GPU: GTX Gigabyte 1080
    Storage: Samsung 970 EVO - M.2
    Monitor: MSI Optix AG32CQ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Screenshot: Before Window Switch)
    Before Window Switch.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Screenshot: After Window Switch)
    After Window Switch.jpg

(Screenshot: Fullscreen Borderless)
    After Window Switch.jpg

Thanks,
    Emperor Dalek

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Emperor Dalek

Emperor Dalek Intergalactic Tourist

Exploring further into the game I have discovered that cut-scenes can demonstrate this graphical glitch, I personally 'really' 'really' like the camera zoomed further out because the super close "FOV" gives me motion sickness, I would like the further zoom to be repaired and not removed from the game.

((I play right next to another player playing in 1080p))
      I do not have a screenshot but when I am entering cut-scenes (such as the "moonlight jellyfish festival")
      Their screen rotates off during the cut scene but mine displays the same picture but with black bars on the left side of the screen and the bottom of the screen as if the "Resolution" hasn't been set correctly.

Please do not change this if this will impact my zoom, as the closer in zoom - gives me motion sickness.