Modding Help Furniture/Decoration Boundaries

Discussion in 'Mods' started by xtrekaye, Nov 17, 2017.

1. xtrekaye

xtrekaye Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all!

After a short absence from playing SV, I recently got back into the game and have actually started creation my own recolors and edits. I have a question about creating new furniture/decor for the game.

What I am wondering if there is a grid overlay that can be added to the unpacked .png file for furniture where I can see where one item begins and ends? For example:

[​IMG] Say I wanted to change the blue potted plant, but I did not want to edit it in a way that when I upload it into the game, I overstepped the boundary and whatever changes I made to it have made it onto the potted plant next to it. I assume the item boundaries are the white space around the item itself and the limits are where the objects next to that particular item, but I could be wrong. Does anyone have any idea about this?

• devilsandswords

devilsandswords Void-Bound Voyager

If your png editing program has a grid overlay, it can be set to 16 x 16 pixels to show how much room you have per tile. It helps immensely with edits and making of tilesheets. Each tile is 16 by 16 pixels, so the blue plant only has leeway of a pixel either side of it, and none at the top or the bottom of the shadow.
      [​IMG]

The spoiler above shows what that part of the Furniture tilesheet looks like when GIMP's grid is toggled on, to 16x16px squares. The options for changing the grid size can be found in the Preferences section of GIMP, although I believe a restart of the program is required.
      Hope this helps!

• xtrekaye

xtrekaye Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for :)