1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Future plans for ships?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Loki1913, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Loki1913

Loki1913 Void-Bound Voyager

Soooo I've seen people ask about the ability to swap ships between races, but I still haven't heard anyone say definitively "yes, this will be a thing eventually" or "no, we're not ever doing that."

So have I just missed a memo somewhere? Or does anyone have a final answer to this one?

Personally, I love the Glitch...the way they talk, how weirdly nice they are about everything...the fact that their idea of a pet is a pig....but I would really rather fly the Floran's coppled scrapheap than the Glitch Castleship.

2. Sageheart

Sageheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wish I had a firm answer, as far as I know, it has never been confirm nor denied. I've heard people talk about it being a feature post release but, thats just rumors.
    There is a work around, from what i've seen on (Reddit), which may help you out. Although it appears that upgrading the ship will revert it back to your racial ship.
    --
    P.S.
    Sadly I know how you feel about being forced to have a ship pet.. I loathe cats with a passion and would much rather have your adorable glitch piggie instead. <3

3. Old King

Old King Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The ship swapping trick does at least retain the pet even after the ship reverts from an upgrade.

I would hope that after 1.0 makes things more stable, that a mod will spring up for minor changes like this.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

A mod for this is trivial. I'm fairly sure there already is one out there.

5. Loki1913

Loki1913 Void-Bound Voyager

If you know where, please let me know. I'm posting here because I've looked and found nothing. Lots of custom ships (and they are awesome, don't get me wrong), but I really do like the vanilla Floran ship best.

6. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

An option to swap out your ship for another races would be great.

Currently I still havnt seen the apex and human ships as I havnt made those characters yet. But I am definately in agreement that the floran ship is best. But its(floran) probably my least favorite race so far.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Try this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7z7qub778k4zld/ShipSwap.zip

Be sure to read the README file to make the needed adjustments. Making a version for every race would mean 42 different files, so yeah... "KISS" applies here.