NPC G.U.O.O (prenounced Goo)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Shadowsail, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Do You Like This Idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shadowsail

Shadowsail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

G.U.O.O is the Galactic Unknown Object Organization. It's an organization that asks Adventurers to submit any Objects, Items, or Creatures that have Unknown Over their name, in exchange for Galactic Currency. The amount of money would depend on the rarity of the object. Of course when Starbound is first released everything will be up for grabs, but later in the game it will be a lot harder, because most of the items and such will be already discovered. If Starbound is as infinite as it seems then there would be no time while playing when you Couldn't submit something.

MrHiggintop likes this.
  2. MrHiggintop

MrHiggintop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its a pretty cool, simple idea that I would support.

3. O5-2

O5-2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great idea! I would probaly keep any creatures I found. If you wanted them you would have to take em form me.

4. Shadowsail

Shadowsail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I apologies for not putting this into proper NCP formation, for i had not read it before posting this... in any case, here's the proper formation:

G.U.O.O

Purpose

G.U.O.O is the Galactic Unknown Object Organization. it was Created in 2052 to organize, categorize objects and information, and gain knowledge of the universe around us. it is a collective organized of all friendly sentient races (Humans, Avians, Apex, Etc.) to grow the knowledge of all. when the user first builds a panel in their base, or have one on their ship (the computer thing on the wall that has an apex face on it) G.U.O.O will send an automated message to them that will say "greetings new space fairing being, this is the Galactic unknown object organization, or G.U.O.O for short. We Are Here To inform you that we are giving rewards to adventurers who are willing to submit objects, animals, tools, or artifacts to us. we appreciate your assistance." The message would shut off and they could be accessed by just clicking on the panel.

Phrases

When first accessed from the panel (Excluding the Automated message, "greetings new space fairing being, this is the Galactic unknown object organization, or G.U.O.O for short. We Are Here To inform you that we are giving rewards to adventurers who are willing to submit objects, animals, tools, or artifacts to us. we appreciate your assistance.") the actual person will say "Oh, a new adventurer" then smile and say "Find any new stuff?"
    during this dialog the user can drag and drop an unknown object onto the panel and then the G.U.O.O associate will say, while nodding his/her head once, "Excellent! Here's (insert amount of galactic Currency here) for that. anything else?". they don't have any ending message, you just leave. after the first interaction they'll say mostly say the same things except they'll begin with "greetings (insert adventurer's name), find anything new?"

Of course when Starbound is first released everything will be up for grabs, but later in the game it will be a lot harder, because most of the items and such will be already discovered. And If Starbound is as infinite as it seems, then there would be no time while playing when you Couldn't submit something.