1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue game at 15fps

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by saaryn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. saaryn

saaryn Space Hobo

i got the game during the steam sales because of the soda meme just to know what it was and soon fell in love with the story and gameplay. i felt it laggy and weird to control compared to terraria, then i enabled the on screen fps and realized that the game played at 10min/15max fps and i feel it annoying because it is hard to aim and do stuffs. i only realized this after comparing it to terraria that runs at 60 fps in max graphics and as i heard both run with the same engine. then whats the problem?. my pc has double the recommended requirements and at this point im between asking for a refund and give it a bad review for how annoyed i am with this OR ask for help get it fixed and keep loving this wonderful game.

this is what i have tried so far:

uncheck the multi texturing

check texture limits

check the monochrome ligths

check the borderless windows/full screen

get the lowest resolution/max zoom

use the mod:
    More threads - Lag reducer - 4-thread edition

locate the config file and disable vsync

run the 32bits version with the previously mentioned actions.

for my pc. i have:

windows 8.1 (64bits)

an AMD Radeon HD 7620G

dx 11

8gb ram

700mb vram

4 cores

over 200gb of free space in the hard disk

i really hope theres a solution for me. i feel this game only downside is how bad it performs in certain computers. i have heard of friends with less powerful computers run it at permanent 60 fps

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. saaryn

saaryn Space Hobo

forget about it. i gave up with this game and asked for a refund...such a waste with this game...

3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Hehe that's why mods are the ones fixing the game, not the devs = w=

4. Thaddaios

Thaddaios Space Spelunker

Same boat... I'm running a pretty godly computer and I have the exact same issues/complaints. I can run any game at ultra settings and have a perfect 60+ fps, but for some odd reason Starbound is 30 or less. I also noticed in task manager that i get those 1sec gpu performance spikes every 1 or 2 minutes. Some say to turn off vsync and get Optimizebound mod then it fixes everything. I do that and i get major screen-tearing so that's not an option. I think there is just some issue with the optimization of the game. Wish the devs could relieve our issue sometime. Are they working on this?

5. Thaddaios

Thaddaios Space Spelunker

Okay, i may have found a solution on reddit that may fix many people's lag issues. Try running the 32-bit version and let us know if this fixed it.