1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Game crashes when loading character

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sillyputty02, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Sillyputty02

Sillyputty02 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I was having an issue with a character file and hoped you could help. I started playing the 1.4 Bounty Hunter update on another server in multiplayer. The game started crashing every couple minutes. Then, after I turned off the game and restarted my computer, the game crashed when I selected that character. I was able to load my other character file that hasn't interacted with this quest and it loaded up fine. I made multiple attempts to load this file in multiplayer or single player, but the game crashed each time. I tried to follow the instructions on your FAQs recently, but I haven't been able to fix it.

macOS Catalina
    Version 10.15.6

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Unfortunately the log does not have any errors listed that indicate a crash of the game itself. Maybe you uploaded the wrong log? Do you receive any errormessages or something in that regard?

3. Sillyputty02

Sillyputty02 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly why it's not showing up. When I open the character file the game shows the loading screen with the spinning icon in the corner, then before anything else happens the game shuts down. It leaves a message from my computer saying that this program has quit unexpectedly and allows me to ignore it, report it, or reopen, which doesn't really do anything. Is there a specific look for the file I need to upload or is something just up with this character that's too corrupted to fix?

Here's a log from today if it's at all different:

Attached Files: