1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashes, when saving.

Discussion in 'Support' started by CheeseAnPickle, Aug 7, 2019.

1. CheeseAnPickle

CheeseAnPickle Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I'm Jemima,

My game keeps crashing at the end of the day when on the saving screen, (the save icon at the bottom of the page keeps animating as usual, but it never finishes the save) I've lost the same day 3 times now. The only time it seems to save is when I do nothing that day and go straight to bed and save. (not great game play that >.<)

This is my log; https://log.smapi.io/WXj8FmGt

Don't let the suggested fix fool you, I've tried updating 'Json Assets' twice now, but no change.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

• AliasCassandra

AliasCassandra Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, we have the same problem! That's . . . not really what you want to hear, of course, because I don't have a solution, but at least we aren't alone.

My log is a little longer (and therefore makes EVEN LESS SENSE somehow) but basically the same: https://log.smapi.io/N09gPMCy

I'm going to try reinstalling SMAPI, reinstalling CustomFarmingRedux, and then if neither of those work . . . well, fuck, I don't know. Super hoping one of those does.

EDIT: Well, those didn't do it. Hopefully someone else sees it and knows something we don't . . .

EDIT #2: IT WORKS! I did literally nothing . . . and then I woke up and it works. Zero explanations, just delight. (I mean, I did delete all the JA's artisan machines, but I have no idea if that did anything. I imagine it didn't, but who knows?)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
      • Demanton

Demanton Space Hobo

My game shuts down on saving and when I load it back up my character is gone. I have lost 2 of my best characters like that, any suggestions?