1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game force closes on launch in Android Q beta 3 [Android]

Discussion in 'Support' started by RedStarFire, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RedStarFire

RedStarFire Intergalactic Tourist

I upgraded to Android Q beta 3 from beta 2 and now Stardew valley closes after the Chucklefish logo is shown.

It worked without any issues on Android Q beta 1 and beta 2.

I cleared the app cache, and uninstalled it and reinstalled without that working.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to resolve this.

• BossBraeden

BossBraeden Yeah, You!

Yeah, I am having the same issues, tempted to save a backup and go back to pie but I really like what Android Q has and j don't want to go back to start white for literally everything, and the new gestures are really good. But Stardew Valley is a HUGE part of my life and I wish I wasn't having this issue.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya!
        We are aware of this issue and we are currently looking into it. Hopefully we'll get everyone using Android beta back up and running soon. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience!

• igotinfected

igotinfected Big Damn Hero

Hi! I'm working on an android game as part of a uni project and I ran into the same issue after updating to beta 3 on my phone. After switching to the monogame dev builds (3.8.xxx using the nuget dev feed) this seems to be fixed.

• Bigbleu7500

Bigbleu7500 Space Hobo

Living this exact scenario right now! Hope it's resolved soon.I was really wanting to munch on this game on the long flight I have soon.

• FSMcas

FSMcas Big Damn Hero

Hi,

what do you mean with the monogame Dev builds? Anything I can install to make Stardew Valley run again on my phone with q beta?

• bjornindc

bjornindc Space Hobo

Is there any update on this? I haven't been able to play in over a month. That's pretty unacceptable. I'm kind of shocked. I own it on switch, love the game, but losing respect for the publisher unfortunately.

• BossBraeden

BossBraeden Yeah, You!

Beta 4 should be dropping tomorrow (Wednesday June 5th) hopefully either bugs in beta 3 are fixed and Stardew Valley works or Chucklefish can get their shit together we get a fix.

• Shubeans

Hey everyone,
                    We know what is causing the problem, it is related to Monogame setup, we are currently waiting on some information from our Android contacts to see if the fix is going to be working on Beta 4. We are a bit worried that it could break other stuff and just cause twice as many problems for the Beta users.
                    Unfortunately we don't get the updates early so testing them happens literally the day they are released to the users.

If anyone updates to beta 4 and it's working, let me know.

• igotinfected

igotinfected Big Damn Hero

Hi! Seems to be working fine on beta 4 now. On Pixel 2XL

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
                      • Shubeans

YAY! Finally some good news :party:

• harryh

harryh Developer

Yep, sorry for the delay on this, I just flashed a Pixel to Beta 4 and it seems to be working OK again. The issue seemed to be some incompatibility between Android Q beta 3 and Monogame which wasn't fixed by updating to the most recent version (unlike igotinfected seemed to find with their game). Not sure why, but hopefully the issue's gone away now. We'll keep an eye on the next betas as they come up.

• FSMcas

FSMcas Big Damn Hero

Can confirm, on Beta 4 it magically works again.

I understand your point of view, but by using a beta you agree that some things might not work as intended. It's nice to tell the developers about bugs but you shouldn't expect betas to be as supported as stable releases.