1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game Freeze 1.04 Bus Screen 4k Resolution

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mortaneous, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mortaneous

Mortaneous Void-Bound Voyager

My game randomly freezes on the screen with the broke down bus on it while walking between the town and the farm. It has happened several times, and always on the same screen after walking about halfway across, but not consistently. I've started new characters, and replayed old characters, with the same result.

Version 1, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04
    Win7 x64
    Core i5-4670 (quad core 3.4GHz)
    16 GB Ram
    NVidia GPU Driver 361.75
    Resolution 3840x2160 (Window or/and Fullscreen)
    Installed on SSD.

EDIT 2/28/16 (12:50est): Confirmed happening on 1.02, added more info to specs. Seems to only be happening on 4k resolution, unconfirmed.
    EDIT 2/29/16 (5:00est): Confirmed happening on 1.03. Submitted bug report via this link _bugreport_ with additional suspicion that it might be a memory leak, as when I close via task manager, the application is using 500,000+ K (500ish M:cool: of ram)
    EDIT 3/4/16 (2:04est): Confirmed happening on 1.04. User Zwergling claims that it only happens on the bus screen in spring/fall/winter, and that changing resolution to x1080 is a temporary fix. Seems to confirm that it mostly occurs on 4k resolution(3840x2160). Changing title to reflect new finding. Also Zwergling suggests that a memory leak is unlikely, I concur.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    • BSull83

BSull83 Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue. I'm running at 3840x2160 resolution and have tried both windowed and full screen.

v 1.01
      Win7 64 bit
      Core i5-4670
      16gb ram
      Nvidia GTS 780 TI

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
      • Caged Dragon

Caged Dragon Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue here. After a few steps on the map with the bus the game freezes sometimes (only the music keeps playing) and i have to kill it with the task manager. It happened 5 or 6 times already in 3 hours playtime.

I don't have problems on any other map, so i can avoid this Bug by taking a detour through Marnie's Ranch or the pathway left of Linus' Tent.

Game Version 1.02 (Steam)
        Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
        Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4Ghz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 980Ti
        Resolution 3840x2160 (tried Borderless Window and Fullscreen)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
        • Mortaneous

Updated Original Post with more details, confirmed still happening on 1.02(latest update). Seems to only be effecting 4k resolution, but unconfirmed.

• Mortaneous

• Zwergling

Zwergling Intergalactic Tourist

Same issue here. What I have noticed is that the problem did not occur during summer, but it definitely happened during spring, fall and winter. If the bug occurs doing the same things and then going to the Bus tile will cause it to happen again. Going at a different time (I only tried directly after waking up) did not. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game and then redoing the same steps did not reproduce the bug (only tried once).
            Additionally I had the same issue in the secret woods (only tried a few days in winter). But there it happened every try. Changing the resolution to 1920x1080 and then going in the secret woods worked fine. Changing the resolution back to 3840x2160 made the freeze appearing again.

I don't know if it is a memory leak, According to the task manager the game is at ~500.000 K ram directly after loading the game (and any other time, i assume) aswell.
            My guess would be that it may be linked to a broken animation being displayed (or tried to). If there is an animation (of an animal running away or something) which cannot be display during summer it would explain my observations.

Game Version: Any (Steam)
            Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
            Intel Core i7 4770k @ 3.50Ghz
            16GB RAM
            GeForce GTX 770
            Resolution 3840x2160

• Mortaneous

Confirmed again on latest update. Updating Original post with new information.