1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game freezes/lags every few seconds, for a few seconds.

Discussion in 'Support' started by feddychu, Mar 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. feddychu

feddychu Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I've been playing Stardew Valley for a couple of weeks now, and I had no real issue until a few days after installing it. It ran smoothly at first, then it started lagging every now and then. The screen would freeze for a few seconds every so often. It was annoying, but still playable, so I ignored it.

Then two days ago I updated my drivers (I don't know if this is related at all to the issue, but I'll say it just in case it is), and now the game is unplayable. It lags for 3 to 5 seconds every 3 to 5 seconds, I can't walk, can't farm, can't interact with objects/people, can't open menus, select tools, can't do anything without it lagging.

I play on a gaming laptop, with Windows 10, and this machine can run heavy games without issues (NieR:Automata, FFXIV just to give a couple of examples), but not Stardew Valley. I tried a few solutions myself, like changing the Lighting from High to Medium, or playing in Windowed Mode rather than Fullscreen. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, tried relocating it to C rather than D, tried changing some laptop power settings as well as the NVIDIA 3D management settings, but nothing helped.

I really love this game and I don't want to abandon it, there must be a solution.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

• Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have been having this problem also for about 3 weeks. I think it has something to do with the mods I run I updated all of them and that helped some but I still have issues after about 3-4 turns (days) and I must close the game and restart.

• feddychu

feddychu Void-Bound Voyager

- FIXED -

Leaving this here in case it helps any future player. When I updated my drivers, I was forced to download NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I uninstalled it now, and I haven't had any lag since. I'll come back to this post if the lag presents itself again.