Bug/Issue Game Locks up: Lower Commando Deck: Citizens A-Quarters

Discussion in 'Support' started by jcbbjjttt, Jul 24, 2014.

1. jcbbjjttt

jcbbjjttt Space Hobo

I've tried this mission 5 times and each time the game will start getting choppy. It will hang for a half second and then continue. The choppiness starts increasing the longer the mission continues and eventually the game completely locks up and I have to restart. At first, I thought it was an issue with running it on GNU/Linux so I switched over to my Windows partition. However, I end up with the same problem.

It always happens after I kill the first set of enemies and unlock the room with the guys without shields and really high armor. I fight them for awhile and when I get close to finally beating them, the game locks up. The game doesn't "crash" (i.e. no Java Exceptions thrown). I have to kill the process from the command line to get it to exit.

Major bummer.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas what might be causing it?

Some things to note that might be helpful:

* My party consists of the Doctor, Mort, Nia, and the Sniper
    * My system has 6 gigs of RAM and the JVM running Halfway is under 800 mb when it is hanging
    * The process doesn't actually appear to be dead as the process is still using my CPU
    * The music, mouse, and all keyboard controls stop in the game but work everywhere else
    * I have a pretty low end integrated AMD graphics card. I belive it is a Radeon 4200

If there is any additional information that might help you, please let me know.

• Thanman

Thanman Orbital Explorer

I am experiencing a similar issue with the Commando Deck: Weapons Storage I. After opening about half the crates, the game's performance quickly starts to tank, until it becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it. No other similar issues in the game.

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Thanks for reporting. We are now looking into it. :)

• Image Not Available

Image Not Available Pangalactic Porcupine

I've had the same bug and I found that it was specifically the crate with the assault rifles, the one in the lower left corner that spawns the turrets. Every time I redid the mission the freezes would only start after I opened that specific crate.

• Thanman

Thanman Orbital Explorer

I saw the recent patch supposedly addressed this issue. However I'm experience the same issue in the Commando Deck: Weapons Storage I, though the lockup doesn't seem attached to the same crate, and takes a lot longer to snowball into a crash.

• OddEye

OddEye Space Spelunker

Same bug, after opening crate with the assault rifles in the lower left corner.

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Check out our latest patch 1.0.4. Most people seem to be able to run the game now who had this issue.