1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue GAME NOT STARTING

Discussion in 'Support' started by GazHaragoth, Feb 17, 2018.

1. GazHaragoth

GazHaragoth Space Hobo

I bought the game today and when i try to start it, the game just keeps running for 5~10 seconds and then nothing, he just closes, i tried everything in the steam bug fix thread, dont know what to do :( i used to play this game using the steam family sharing, and never happened a bug like this to me. here's the error

Message: The screen device name must be a non-empty, non-null string.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.ScreenFromDeviceName(String screenDeviceName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameForm.ResizeWindow(String screenDeviceName, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight, Boolean center)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameForm.EndScreenDeviceChange(String screenDeviceName, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.EndScreenDeviceChange(String screenDeviceName, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)