Resolved Game save is gone [Xbox Game Pass for PC]

Discussion in 'Support' started by Schazzwozzer, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Schazzwozzer

Schazzwozzer Space Hobo

When I went to play Timespinner today, there was no Continue selection on the title screen. Just New Game, Options, and Exit. I've rebooted and signed in/out of the Game Pass service, but no change.

It seems that my game save is gone. When I did a file search for "Timespinner", this is all that comes up:
    TimespinnerFileSearch.png

I'm not optimistic for a fix, and I appreciate that Timespinner will soon be leaving Game Pass, but I thought I'd pass this along anyway.

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Hello! Sorry to hear that you hit this!

The PC-Xbox version of the game stores your saves on the cloud via your Xbox Profile. There's not really any easy way to access that from your computer :(

Do you happen to remember the last thing you were doing when you played last?

• Schazzwozzer

Schazzwozzer Space Hobo

Yeah, I figured that it wasn't going to be as simple as fiddling with some files on my hard drive.

I don't remember what the last thing I did was, unfortunately. I had recently completed the Golden Idol boss and was probably just catching up on some side quests. I don't remember a crash or anything out of the ordinary.

I tried installing Timespinner on another system tonight—a laptop—and, lo and behold, I was able to load my old save. This suggests the data is still in Microsoft's cloud, but my main system has lost sync or something. If I have time, I'll try fussing with it on the main system, and post back here if I can find an fix on my end.

So an Uninstall, Reboot, and Reinstall fixed the issue. I don't know if the reboot in between was necessary, but that's what I happened to do. I'm guessing in the end it was an issue with Xbox Game Pass rather than Timespinner, but who knows, maybe this will help somebody out in the future.

Thanks for attempting to help and for the wonderful game, @LunarRayGames!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2020
        • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved.