1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game taking exceedingly long to start/start new day

Discussion in 'Support' started by chixyb, Jul 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. chixyb

chixyb Intergalactic Tourist

So I am running beta version 1.3.23 with SMAPI version 2.6 beta 19.1 and 12 mods. I played all Saturday night with zero problems. Went to bed and woke up Sunday and when I went to play I made it all the way up to selecting my save file. Once selected it would say loading and then freeze on the black screen with the brown arrow cursor, the top of the file would say Not Responding. I closed out, restarted my computer, verified that all mods were still up to date despite me changing nothing in those few hours, and tried again. Same issue. This time I left it open on the not responding screen while I google searched the problem to see if it was a known issue (found nothing). A few minutes into my search I heard the normal coin drop sound when a new day starts. It was working!

Once I played enough to make it to the next in-game day the same thing happened. After the screen where it shows what I shipped and how much I made it would freeze again before starting the new day, usually for 1-3 minutes at a time. Every single in-game day. Today it's doing it again, I removed a few mods that are waiting on updates and now every single mod that SMAPI runs IS up to date and I'm still having the same problem.

This is my first time posting on here so I apologize if I should be including more information that I didn't. The game itself works and my save file is fine, nothing is missing, there's just an absurdly long lag between days and during startup. Any ideas?

ETA: Since originally posting this another update to SMAPI came out. Updated to 2.6 beta 20 and the problem persists.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Next time it happens, can you...
      1. wait until the day starts after the long delay;
      2. upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page);
      3. and post a link here?

• chixyb

Here you go! I updated SMAPI, again, too.

https://log.smapi.io/vnpY54VY

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• chixyb

I fixed it! I don't know what the problem was but today while poking around in Properties > Local Files I clicked on "verify integrity of game files...". It did its thing and came back with 2 files being wrong and it replaced them automatically. No more lag! It runs as it should :)