1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Game will not load

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by gallerton17, Jul 19, 2017.

1. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

I got the game yesterday, and everything was running fine. Love the game and was having tons of fun. Got up today to play and keep erring a message saying "Fatal exception caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup" and then lists off a bunch of other stuff anyone know what to do???

2. D. Wallace

D. Wallace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having the same issue. I've tried reinstalling and validating files, but nothing has fixed it yet.

This is the error message, or at least as much of it as could fit on my screen:
    [​IMG]

3. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

Yep same thing happening to me. Exact same message too.

4. D. Wallace

I may have found a solution! In the "storage" folder, there's a file called "starbound.log"; it's a text file. Deleting that made the game start up just fine.

5. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

I'll have to look haha when I get a chance! Hopefully it works, was your saved data still there?

6. D. Wallace

...Well, I backed up my characters and universe when I reinstalled, but now the game just closes whenever I try to load them (it works fine if I delete the character and universe folders). There's no error message or anything; the window just vanishes.

7. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

So where'd you go to see these folders as I'm having difficulty finding them.

8. D. Wallace

They're in the "storage" folder in your Starbound directory.
    Also, an update: I can create and play as new characters, but not my preexisting ones. This is kind of a serious issue.

9. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

Really annoying but I suppose it's better than nothing. And since I'm very new to this game and not the best tech guy where do I go for the starbound directory. So sorry bout having to handhold me through this.

10. gallerton17

gallerton17 Space Hobo

So I've. Even trying to do as you say but have literally no idea where to go to find this starbound.log file.

11. D. Wallace

It's in the "storage" folder, where your "player" and "universe" folders are.