1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Game wont launch through Steam

Discussion in 'Support' started by lukemasters, Feb 1, 2019.

1. lukemasters

lukemasters Space Hobo

CPU and GPU far exceeds the minimum requirements. The game client just wont launch in Steam.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hiya! Could you do a quick test for me?
      Right click on Wargroove in your steam library
      Select 'play wargroove (openGL)' and see if that launches it?

• lukemasters

lukemasters Space Hobo

Nothing works. I have tried to launch regularly and openGL. I have connected and disconnected a controller and headphones. I do not have any non-english characters in my username. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. Still wont launch the client.

At this point can I get a refund or a code to download the game on my Xbox one so I can atleast play

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2019
        • FireSpark81

FireSpark81 Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same issue. Loaded fine the first time I launched it. Then it updated and now no matter what I do the game won't launch.

• lukemasters

lukemasters Space Hobo

This is a little ridiculous. Nearly 24 hours later and I still cant play on my laptop. I cant even get a reply when I ask for something like a code so I can atleast play on my xbox until they get this bug fixed.

• Shubeans

We are still trying to narrow down this issue, I'm sorry it has taken so long.
              A few people have found ways to fix the issue, could you please try some of the solutions listed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/607050/discussions/0/1778261844037
              Could you also try your anti-virus software and make sure that isn't blocking it?
              Could you try setting Launch parameters to ' --skip-intro ' and see if that works at all?

• iamstubar

iamstubar Space Hobo

I'm using Windows 10 and have launched Steam in Admin mode, attempt to launch game, nothing. No error, no game. I checked out the local files and when I run wargroove64.exe manually from explorer, it throws 2 errors: MFplat.dll and MFreadwrite.dll missing.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted Steam, rebooted computer, checked integrity of the files at some point, yada yada.

• Shubeans