1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded GameUnity.TV - [Planet/Station protection] [Guilds] [Chat commands] [International] [Custom wrapper]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Zwergengraf, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Zwergengraf

Zwergengraf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey,
    that's not our server's IP address - what address did you enter? The correct address is:
    sb.gameunity.tv

EDIT: If that doesn't work, try to enter the IP address:

Beatrice and Hen like this.
  2. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Can I join your server? :3:DD
    I mean it is a public server with a friendly community, :kawaii: :giggle:
    I don't think that I am not other than the other vanilla player on this server. :love: :lickitung:
    And It would help me most if I could join this german server 'cause I have big great plans what I would like to build on the server. <3:)

3. Zwergengraf

Player slots have been increased to 40 last night. We will roll out a new server update that adds local / planet chat (Command: /p TEXT), VIPs and Premium members will be able to join even if the server is full. Some bugs were fixed and of course we added some new ones to fix in a future update. ;)

EDIT: The updates has been rolled out, /p is now working.

----------

Nope, you can't. In case you forgot about it, you were banned for insulting other players and breaking other rules again and again. You were unbanned twice but blew both of your chances, we even had to blacklist you from all of our servers and website to stop you from trolling. I won't respond to any of your future messages, our team really spend too much time on giving you chances.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Buxx, sagenth and Beatrice like this.
  4. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Well, I can't unterstandt it. :3
    I mean I am active on many other server :p :giggle:
    and they are much stronger than your server, :nod:
    how I should break rules on your server if I can hold on the rules? :love: :3

And you're making interesting that I would listen your statement. :giggle::kawaii:
    I mean that you know who I am but you don't meet me. <3
    Maybe you can explain me. :3 :cookie: Maybe I give you a Cookie.

5. Zwergengraf

Small server update:
    • New chat commands: /tp and /tpa - Teleport to other players (with their permission).
    • /p will now switch between global and local chat. Just type "/p" to switch to local chat, type "/p" again to switch back to global chat.
    The update be live in 15 minutes. :)

Beatrice likes this.
  6. zach500o

zach500o Intergalactic Tourist

i have a problem when i try to join it tells me the cliants dont match i just got 1.0 on steam any idea how to fix dat or are you guy's updationg the server to 1.0?
    --- Post updated ---
    also does instramint music add-ons count as modding?
    --- Post updated ---
    ALSO if i make the music does that count as modding?

7. Zwergengraf

.abc files don't count as modding if they are stored in assets/user/songs, but mods from Steam Workshop can cause an asset mismatch even if they only contain .abc files. We decided to enable asset checking because most mods cause problems in multiplayer - new songs are totally fine. This is not a perfect solution, but it is the most suitable one for our server right now.
    It should be possible to extract the .abc files from packed mods and put them into the correct folder so they don't cause an asset mismatch.

Edit: There is a new Starbound patch, you need to update to join our server.

8. zach500o

alright so i just need to leave and rejoin my game? or is there more to it?
    --- Post updated ---
    and i have a undertale music workshop item that lets you play undertale music with instrumints will the server alow that?
    --- Post updated ---
    um now it's saying somthing about mismached asets i dont get it

9. Zwergengraf

The easiest solution: Deactivate all your mods.
    Mods that add new items will not work.
    You can place .abc files in the folder assets/user/songs, this won't cause an asset mismatch. Workshop mods will most likely not work.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  10. zach500o

ok i'll try that thanks for the advice also just telling you i had 2 charicters on the server befor 1.0 and both i had to erase if you cuold reset there planet's that will e awsome if you need an area i think the y was 44 and the x was in the low 60's and it's a gental star also the charicters are a floran named samantha and a human named zach500o
    --- Post updated ---
    un how do i acses the mods cus the only file in the mods folder is a file saying "mods go here" i there some place els i'm siposed to look?

11. Zwergengraf

Hey,
    all characters and planets were wiped with the release - there was no way to keep old planets.
    You have to open your Steam Workshop and unsubscribe from your mods.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is currently the best solution for us.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  12. zach500o

ah well that's ok maby they will fi that and alow music add ons for servers later? i hope so cus the guy did alot of work to make that music mod
    --- Post updated ---
    so basicly just no mod items or wepons right?

13. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

What's up with the server telling me I have mismatched assets whenever I use custom songs?

14. Zwergengraf

You can only use custom songs if you put the .abc files into the folder assets/user/songs. Make sure that there are only .abc files.
    Mods / packed songs will most likely cause an asset mismatch.

15. zach500o

16. Zwergengraf

Check out our new Starbound launcher (clickable link)! It allows you to see a list of online players, you can also join our Teamspeak / Discord servers with a single click, read server news and Starbound news, and there is a backup feature. You can create / restore backups with just around three clicks - we highly recommend that you always keep backups of your characters.

Some screenshots - just ignore the German news text for now, we'll offer all future news in English, too ;)

Stay tuned for more, we are working on a really big new feature that's coming very soon <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Usiemon likes this.
  17. epicgnome23

epicgnome23 Space Hobo

Can we use premade characters that already have loot

18. Zwergengraf

Sure, as long as you follow the rules :)

19. Nemo1989

Nemo1989 Void-Bound Voyager

The protection system is this server's biggest perk, Its very handy for creative people. Since in Europe almost no one with decent player traffic have it. But i strongly advice to create a fresh character solely to play on this server. Because they will ban you if you have your own vanilla grief protection on the ship on which you arrived there.

20. Zwergengraf

To clarify: You can use whatever character you like as long as you follow the rules. If you don't follow the rules, you might get kicked / banned - that shouldn't be a surprise. If "having your own vanilla grief protection" implies that you break the rules, you will face the consequences. In this case one of our team members tried to make a compromise but had to impose a temporary ban.
    Relevant section of the server rules:
    If you are unsure about the rules, just talk to our team :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016