1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Gaming Instruments (Craftable)

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Total_Nerd, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Total_Nerd

Total_Nerd Space Hobo

THIS IS CURRENTLY OUTDATED

-Instruments Added-

NES
    Kommodore 64

-Tunes-

A few tunes come with it, nothing special and nothing 100% correct, will probably remove next change.

-Install Instructions-

Copy the contents of the zip you downloaded to the assets folder, or into your custom mod folder.
    NOTE: Make sure you backup your assets folder!

No Download

The crafting recipes could be rebalanced, but that can be changed...

I am aware of the presence of a instrument crafting table mod, I just don't feel comfortable using it because of the whole player.config... guess next change I'll just integrate it into it and come up with a simple way to install it... even if it means writing a installer to add entries to files/remove entries.

Another note, I don't think I'm 100% satisfied with the sound... could be the tuning.cfg, guess I will just have to mess around with it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    mvhnexus likes this.
  2. mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

i would love to try this out but after i installed it, it gets stuck in the loading screen and stays.

3. Total_Nerd

Total_Nerd Space Hobo

Hmm, I am not sure what causes that... but I will look through files I suppose.

EDIT: I don't see anything system specific, so I don't know really... any more info on it?

4. mvhnexus

no i even left it alone and went out to shovel snow. came back and still on the loading screen. i made a backup of the assets folder. then i put the content in the zip to the assets folder and i start Starbound. it even showed the Chucklefish logo. after that the loading screen comes on and stays.

EDIT: i'm gonna delete the game and reinstall it and the mod to see if that will work.

5. mvhnexus

i re-installed the game and put the mod in and it's still stuck at the loading screen. does your mod works with any of the modloaders?

EDIT: or how do you do a custom mod folder? i can try that and see if it works that way too.

EDIT 2: ok the first two it stayed on loading screen. but the third time i load the game it worked!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Total_Nerd likes this.
  6. Total_Nerd

Total_Nerd Space Hobo

Cool, glad you got it working.

mvhnexus likes this.
  7. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

8. Total_Nerd

Total_Nerd Space Hobo

Yeah, I seen it. I could easily add my recipes to your crafting table and stuff, but with the player.config stuff and everything I just feel like it's to messy... so I decided to just go with an all-in-one, and when I started working on the table you only had like 4 instruments on it I believe... I'll keep it for now until it feels more comfortable with the player.config issues :S. Although I may actually just do it next time I make a change.

----------------

Changes:
    • Renamed mod
    • Fixed overdriveguitar.recipe, parsing error
    • Added Kommodore 64 instrument
    Still not 100% happy with the sound, they sound abit different than they should I think... guess I'll have to mess around with them.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    mvhnexus and Utohaha like this.