1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gardenbot 2.1 -- REBOOTED -- 2.1.1.6

Robotic Farming ... IN SPACE! - Supports modded plants! - Cheerful 1.3.4

1. bn880

bn880 Orbital Explorer

Can miner bots be used in multiplayer? I installed the MP friendly mod, but modified the config to enable the miners, just want to know what the consequence is for MP.

2. bn880

bn880 Orbital Explorer

Good question, I would assume no.
    They don't even work when you are far away from them, for that part at least I plan to use the electronics hack same as used for very long elevators. This is a serious limitation to starbound though that you can't force simulate certain areas.

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I think they still work on the ship while on planet. Tho it has been a while since I checked.

4. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

I found a bug. Defense Turrets seem to treat the garden bots as hostile entities and fire on them.

And yeah, I realize that the garden bots can defend themselves... but I had put up defense turrets anyways because they would do a better job (or at least, they would if they didn't attack the garden bots)

5. valavaern

valavaern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ran into a weird issue: the garden bots aren't respecting the garden posts; they just breeze right past them.

6. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question, don't remember where, but i read that the bots only works when you looking at them. So you can't leave with them that continue to do their job. Right?

7. valavaern

valavaern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No luck: I was standing there, staring at the little bastard, and he just wandered right out of his little spot in the greenhouse. :(

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Bots only interact with things in a loaded area, i.e. where you are, yeah. Trees and plants run on an internal timer to simulate "offstage" growing, so they'll be fully grown if you leave the planet/station/ship for long enough, but gardenbots can't interact with anything unless the area is loaded in. You don't have to stand right nearby to get them to work, but close enough that the place doesn't "unload".

9. steakhutzeee

Thanks! So if I use the bots on a planet and then I leave the planet, the bot stop to work?

10. Mooncalf99

They can't work if you're not around, so yeah. But they immediately start working again as soon as you show up (much like that lazy coworker who slacks off whenever the boss isn't around), so you don't have to restart them. Once they've been started, you don't have to deal with them at all.

Keep them fenced in, though, since they don't really respect those garden markers. Especially if they see a container nearby they want to put things in.

steakhutzeee likes this.
  11. steakhutzeee

Sorry, what this means? :
    "SB 1.0 MP FRIENDLY VERSION
    now included in download - unzip included "Gardenbot2_MP_2107.zip" into mods
    or rename "gardenbot2.config.nominers" to "gardenbot2.config""

12. Mooncalf99

Is there some way to have the gardenbots flagged as "friendly" to tenants and crewmembers? In every setup I've had, NPCs would constantly get into whatever room or place I have bots working in, and attack them for no reason. Usually causing a lot of trouble.

For instance, earlier today I had an out-of-the-way spot with a bunch of farm animals and a guardin'bot (because they will collect milk and stuff from the animals, very handy) on my ship. Cue my engineer walking in, pulling out a rocket launcher, and firing it into the crowd. No more farm animals...

Really wish this could be corrected. Isn't there some flag for "allied" or something?

13. Quem

Quem Intergalactic Tourist

Awesome mod. Can you please make them harvest cattle as well? I tried, thinking it would be already there, but no luck :p

14. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The v87 Guard Bot handles farm animals.

Quem likes this.
  15. Quem

Oh, thank you!

16. Quem

When I read "farm beast harvester", I didn't know farm beasts yet, so I understood he was like the most crazy fast harvester of all.

17. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Feature request:
    Could these items be added to the portable TerraCart?

[​IMG]

18. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

Add functions to the miners Bot gaining skills in the style of gaden bot

19. NullVoid01

NullVoid01 Void-Bound Voyager

If these bot can harvest farm animals that would be excellent, also why is my pet attacking the bots when I place it in the pet tether, some instances my crew do it too.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  20. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

The guard bots harvest farm animals