RELEASED Genderswapped Bachelors v1.5: just kidding about the names

Discussion in 'Characters' started by aracco, Mar 17, 2016.

1. xooemily

xooemily Orbital Explorer

hours and hours of gameplay deleted because i didn't back up my game correctly.
    please, please backup your game,

• aracco

aracco Void-Bound Voyager

I am so sorry! Um, it shouldn't be deleted, though... can you go into more detail? I may be able to doctor your save...

• aracco

So here's the state of modding the name.

Method one: XNB modding.
        On the plus side, it changes the name everywhere. This is what we want. The downside is that it breaks a ton of stuff, from marriage rooms to the introductory quest to locked doors to the flower dance. The reason for this is because these things are coded into the game with hard checks against the specific name string, eg "Sebastian." It might be possible to fix this stuff, but it'd be hard work.

Method two: drawing over the dialogue.
        This doesn't break anything. But it requires SMAPI and it only changes the nameplate on dialogue, nothing else -- not only that, but it's ugly, leaving the changed portrait up for a moment after the dialogue box closes. I've been working on this all day; it works, but I hate it, and I feel as though I've hit a dead end with it. But the alternative might just be worse.

For now, I'm going to roll back the OP to before all this name-changing business started. Sorry, folks.

• xooemily

whenever i opened my game it would crash, i attempted to change everything back and it still crashed every time i opened my save file, i tried removing all my mods and it still crashed. it was mostly my fault probably and i did something wrong with the coding so i need to make sure i save my data, it's okay though, having a new start is nice sometimes.

• aracco

I haven't seen your save file so I can't be sure, but that sounds like you messed up an XML tag, such as accidentally lowercasing an <NPC> tag. I know from experience that this will lead to a crash. Try running a find and replace on npc and replace it with NPC, in caps, and see if that stops the crashing.

(My fault -- I should have specified that it's case-sensitive in the instructions. I'm very sorry again.)

• xooemily

the file is deleted because i thought it couldn't be fixed, it's okay though

• Missus

Missus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good work!! Very cute. But technically this is a cisswap, not a gendbend. Xoxoxo.

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Except it doesn't say 'genderbend' it says gender SWAP. Which is what this is. Are you really gonna comment on all the gender swapped bachelors/bachelorettes with this?...

Lechet likes this.
                  • ThunderLynx

ThunderLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to see EVERY character changed into female. Stardew Valley shall be run my women!!!
                    GIRL POWER!!!!!

Harlekin13 and Lanx12 like this.
                    • LeagueofGozen

LeagueofGozen Master Chief

real question, can i get them pregnant or do they still register as male and i need to adopt?

• Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, it seems that all of Sam's portraits have the long hair. Can that be fixed?

• BagOfTrash

BagOfTrash Aquatic Astronaut

How do I make the game understand them as females? Without starting a new save.

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bless this mod.

It'd be nice to see Shane added. This is the best vanilla-match genderswap mod available, so it's a shame it's missing Shane.

• aracco

Hey, thanks, that means a lot!

Just for you, here's a WIP:

[​IMG]

There's also a long-haired version, though imo it's not as good:
                              [​IMG]

• shamemaker

shamemaker Guest

Nice portraits, I love how they blend in so well with the vanilla assets. That Shane swap looks great btw!

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I switched to anime style mods but I would go back to Vanilla in a HEARTBEAT for Shauna.

I think the long hair looks more unkempt and messy, but the short hair is very stylish and fitting for her personality.

Maybe if you cleaned up the jacket on the short haired one, people could switch it when she gets her life back together. New Haircut for a new start kind of deal.

Veegies likes this.
                                  • LedBeaFloyd

LedBeaFloyd Void-Bound Voyager

Is this abandoned?

• portalnerd55

portalnerd55 Void-Bound Voyager

Any update on editing saves to introduce the dialogue and gender changes?

Also, does anyone know if there's any new dialogue for the bachelors in the beta update that would need to be patched?

• 2Scribble

2Scribble Void-Bound Voyager

Just use Adarin's dialogue change with these - works perfect.

• sailorlaura32

sailorlaura32 Yeah, You!

HI I understand this is years old but did you ever complete/upload the shane version?? thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1