1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Giraffe_Storage, Storage and save file transfer

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by seriousjin, Jul 28, 2016.

1. seriousjin

seriousjin Void-Bound Voyager

Hey folks!

I am trying to transfer my savegame from an older glad giraffe build to the new stable cheerful giraffe (1.0.2) . I noticed that the savegame folder has changed from 'giraffe_storage' to 'storage'. After a tedious search on the internet, I understand that the save files should be compatible with the new version. However I could find no info on that the folder for character files has been renamed. (I did find that at one time it was 'koala_storage' and the koala files are not compatible with the giraffe.)

I tried copying the universe and player maps into the 'storage' map on the new version, but this didn't work. Neither did copying the whole 'giraffe_storage' map.

Are the save files indeed compatible? And if so, how do I make them loadable in my game?

Thanks!

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

They are incompatible because the structure of the stored data changed too much. Starbound can't load the old format.

~ Iris ~

3. seriousjin

seriousjin Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the speedy reply!

That's a real pity.. Do you know if this will happen again in the future if I start over on the 1.0.2 version?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I don't think that there will be a wipe again after it is not early access anymore because the core mechanics are all finished.

~ Iris ~