NPC Give guards your old weapons/allow NPC on planets to have weapons

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Avarwen, May 24, 2016.

1. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

I have so many old weapons sure I could toss them but I'd love to give them to the guards at my colonies it's annoying to see the guard go out and then get face stomped 10 seconds later. Also I'd like to see the random NPC's you come across be able to defend themselves by having a random weapon and be able to fight monsters or even the player should they try to kill the NPC or take their stuff.

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Actually, most NPCs do in fact use randomly generated weapons. It's just that weapon level and planet level don't exactly scale up equally with the exception of legendary pregenerated items. Though being able to give colony guards and crew members armor and weapons would be cool. We already have the tailor, so we know it's possibly to change their inventories.

3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Though I think that all the tailor changes is their cosmetics visuals? I could be wrong.

I think I heard that crew damages capabilities scale up with the armor that you actualy wear yourself.

Guards capacities is fairly straightforward. Being tied to the tier of furniture in their room(durasteel furniture: durasteel equipped guard).

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well, the tailor is purely cosmetic. Im just using it as an example for the fact that being able to change their equipment would be possible. Hopefully, along with the ship customization thin they're implementing, they might also implement crew management...