1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Glitch Creation

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Negative Infinity, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Negative Infinity

Negative Infinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm trying to make a backstory for a Glitch character in my fanfic, but I can't seem to find this bit of info.

Does anyone know if the Glitch are created to look like adults from the start or are they created like children with parts added on as they age?

2. Rat-Thing

Rat-Thing Phantasmal Quasar

From what I know (mainly, guessing from the respawn animation) they're built into adult forms. Granted, that's an adult Glitch getting rebuilt, so there might be a difference in how they are "born".

3. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

https://starbounder.org/The_Ins_and_Outs_of_It

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your post all the way through.
    Lore doesn't mention it, including pre-wipe codices, so I guess you're free to assume whatever you want. I'd personaly bet my money on "crafted like children and gradualy rebuilt to adults", since the Glitch are programmed to replicate living organisms as close as possible.