1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

All I'm sayin is if they remove this completely because of a group of angry folks, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Hope the negativity doesn't get to the devs, they deal with enough of that already on twitter :confused:

RedScarWolf and Magmarashi like this.
  2. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Who said they want Starbound to be a serious space game though? Since day one it has shown themes that aren't serious at all.

I came to the conclusion a while back that this was a bit of fun that got taken too far by people. CF has been mostly quiet about this aside from a few jokes in the last couple of updates.
    They have always taken player feed back in to account and this has been a hot subject since the first picture was posted and I think they are well aware of this.
    Like yourself people have been speaking of choice and the devs were shown to love the random feedback from people who lampooned the AI with fun pictures and player made alternatives.

If this does turn out to be a joke then it shows how quickly people will appropriate small issues and twist them to extremes not to mention show the mindset some people have when dealing with others.

I think we were given rope and were watched as we keep on taking it.

demanrisu and Finn Learson like this.
  3. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

I don't mind the camp, actually. In many ways, I adore it-- I've always defended the progression from pick to drill to beyond to my friends, for example, and I have no problem with frogboobs and the like. That doesn't mean I have any obligation to like this AI image though.

Thundercraft and janusforbeare like this.
  4. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Here's something from a draft concept I wrote up last month:

[​IMG]

Mackinz likes this.
  5. Rhotus

Rhotus Void-Bound Voyager

I guess that was two thoughts in one paragraph. Here, I'll organize that a little better.

I thought I remembered reading a magazine article that said otherwise. I'd like it better if it was more silly myself.

6. And that's it
    The thread is now closed for good. No, seriously.

We had a lot of good discussion, good points were made, and some amazing feedback came out of this thread. Sure, tempers flared a bit -- and there were a few eye-rolling posts from some of our less tactful posters. But it was really awesome. Thank you to everyone who participated.

Just a heads up; I'll be combing through this thread, and I'll be posting a sort of "cheat sheet" that lays out compromises and reasoning found within the thread.

We'll probably be closing and redirecting posts about the Glitch AI here -- not because we want to censor people -- but because we feel that there is no longer any reason to beat a dead horse (har har, I'm punny). If anyone has any questions or comments -- feel free to drop me a private message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.