Mob Glops

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Gusgallows, Oct 27, 2013.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yep!

71.4%
  2. No.. no... Glop no good.

28.6%
  1. Xenalith

Xenalith Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll be honest here, I believe it is a good idea.
    ...just, there are some things you could change and add:
    - They shouldn't be dripping, their slimy-state should be more of a gellatine - they would still be flexible and stuff, just not dripping and more solid.
    - You could make it that they have a device that actually holds the jelly/slime together, and is vital for their survival.

Gusgallows likes this.
  2. Xenalith

And that device, that holds them together, could be customizable during character creation.

I was thinking of a small metal pin wheel thing that hovers above their head. This is just an idea, because I know when you break it down, it wouldn't really work, it would get in the way of a lot of armors and accessories.
    The trouble is figuring out how this device can hold the gelatine together without disrupting armor and accessories.

3. Xenalith

Sorry i didn't see your idea for the device! I just read it then, and the concepts im getting for it are as follow.

1. A customizable shaped small chunk of 'ice' (not frozen water, just a really special mineral that solidifies small portion of its surrounding) that is placed in their center of their torso, from there the 'ice' solidifies (in a gradient, around the center its more solid, and eases off to the rest of the body) the gelatine, which also makes it look a bit crystalline. The 'ice' is a crystal so it has a glowing effect on itself and the places where it solidified.

2. This idea was before I read about your idea for the device.
    ...this device is actually extremely simple: A Shell.
    But not like a turtle/tortoise of which it covers the whole torso...its just placed the same way a backpack is placed. Practically, to a different scale, a snail's shell. This shell could also be customizable, and its up to you whether you think it should be organic, and they evolved and adapted into them... Or of it should be a hi-tech device.
    If it was a device, you could outfit it more towards your medieval dutch(basically Victorian) theme. Steampunk would look cool too....with some pipes coming off the shell.

Gusgallows likes this.
  4. Xenalith

Reply and let me know what you think man.

There's many other slime races out there, and i honestly think we all need to come together with our final concepts to make a race that works, and can be put into this epic game.

Gusgallows likes this.
  5. Gusgallows

Gusgallows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE the idea of a shell. But about all of the races don't 'start' with a backpack. So when they were to place on a backpack what would become of the shell. People would most likely want to see they're brand new backpack. So the shell wouldn't work.

The Ice idea I love, plus it adds on to the Cube. Ice Cube.... so yeah.

6. Gusgallows

But remember these guys are descendants of the ancient slimes. (Reference to Terraria)
    So I am unsure whether or not I should make it like a crystalline form.

7. Gusgallows

Trying not to sound like a total smoosh but, can you read? I specifically separated everything from this that makes it like a human. The only thing similar is the fact I HAVE to make it humanoid.... Everything else is different on MANY levels.

8. Gusgallows

I've corrected myself and gave you a thanks in thread.

9. Xenalith

No worries dude, just some suggestions.
    ...i can see why the shell wouldn't work, which kinda sucks.
    - As for that crystal ice cube thing, I think this will make your race more 'unique'.

Two things I have to point out is...
    I really do not think that medieval dutch/Victorian fits the style of this race, I really think you should now revolve a theme based on the 'ice cube', of how it's a glowing crystal.... maybe caves would suit, living underground....i'm imagining this ice cube being a natural power source as well. I can picture glowing marks on cave walls, and all of their engineering being powered by this cube.

I strongly recommend a better name for your race, 'Glops' just doesn't fit to sentient beings, remember they aren't brainless slimes anymore, they are now Sapiens.

Gusgallows likes this.
  10. Gusgallows

I think I know how to fix this now, thanks. :)
    But the ice cube is like modern-futuristic technology. But I don't want them to be too advanced because that's what the apex are meant for. However the Humans I am pretty sure they are modern. So I can hardly tell. I like the idea of it being based around the Cube crystal in caves. But what technology would I use?

11. Gusgallows

It's just, Steam punk wouldn't work because if they were solidified by ice or crystallization wouldn't steam kinda... dissolve them?

12. Xenalith

You changed them to a mob!? Dude you can't give up. :/
    ...they can still add races after release.

13. Gusgallows

Yeah but from what I've seen and heard this is not what people want. I'm sorry dude. And don't think about it as giving up, it's still capable of being added into the game.

14. Xenalith

Recently coming back to the forums and this was actually a pretty cool idea we put together man.

Gusgallows likes this.
  15. Gusgallows

Gah I've been gone for a while. I am back. You know I always forgot to upload the sprite...

Xenalith likes this.