RELEASED Goat Stray Pixel Fix - Fixed another frame, and added sprite sheet for modders 1.1

Fixes the stray pixel from the goat idling animation

1. Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Kamirose submitted a new mod:

Goat Stray Pixel Fix - Fixes the stray pixel from the goat idling animation

Read more about this mod...

Feel free to work off this sprite sheet for mods. This is the same as the base sprite sheet, just with the indicated frame moved over by a pixel.

Fixed sprite sheet for modders (modified frames are second column/fourth row, and third column/fourth row):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

I wanted to do a black goat, did not know of this stray pixel. Do you mind if I go from your sprite?

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Of course! This is the exact same as the base sprite, I just moved one frame over a pixel.

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Yea I figured, just thought it was nice to at least ask permission ^^

• Crucifigo

Crucifigo Title Not Found

What program do you use to see the tiles? It looks handy to check sprites fit together.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

The program in the screenshot is Pyxel Edit. It's a $9 pixel art program ^^

• Crucifigo

Ooo, I'll have to look that up. I've been using MS Paint for so many years, having a proper pixel art program would be nice.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

There's pixel art programs? I've just been using GIMP and probably doing things the hard way, haha.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Oh yeah! If you're looking for some, here are a few suggestions:

Graphics Gale (free/paid, free version cannot save animated gifs)
                    Aseprite (my main program, $15 available on Steam. Demo available, cannot save files in the demo. Free if you can compile your own code from Github.)
                    Pyxel Edit (great for gamedev/tile sheet/large spritesheet management, but in early beta so buggy. $9, older beta version available for free).

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

• Crucifigo

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Yeah, the blink animation. I just counted the distance from the ear to the right edge of the tile, and that one was four away while the rest were five. They should all be the same distance to the edge of the frame now.

I'll check the other animals, too. I haven't noticed, but it may just be because they didn't have the stray pixel so I haven't been paying attention.

• Crucifigo

Yeah it really bugged me so I've been changing it in my sprites. I assume it's a design choice but I'm not very fond of it.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Nah, I don't think it's a design choice. I think it was just a mistake when he made the sprite sheets, and then he used some of the old animals as templates for new animals and the same mistake persisted.

I found the same error in the baby goat, baby sheep, adult brown and white cows, and the baby brown cows. I'll do an edit of those later today.