Question Good horror movies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surenu, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Greetings, hivemind

What it says on the tin basically. I'm tired of jump scares and zombies and the various movie adaptions of Lovecraft were mediocre to use a worksafe term. Anyone know any genuinely unsettling horror movies?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

IT. Have you watch that?

3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I read the book. I'm usually a huge Stephen King fan but the horror in that one lies more in the authors mind (seriously that sewer group Sex scene was all sorts of messed up)

4. Daikon Ocelot

If I remember it correctly, I don't see such scene in the movie (I am talking about the new IT movie, not the old one). All I remember about the sewer is a bloody massacre by that psychopathic clown.

5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yeah I was talking about the book. Haven't seen either movie, good King movie adaptations are rare. My favorite was actually the Under the Dome TV series, and maybe Pet Semetary

6. Daikon Ocelot

I am not a big fan of horror movie, actually, but I always end up watching it till the end. The movie I ever watched are Insidious, Annabelle, Conjuring, and many many more (sometimes it makes my head hurt watching it).

7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Thanks, I'll check those out

8. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

The Thing (1982), always. Helps that I have a very soft spot for practical effects.

Surenu likes this.