NPC Governments

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Epicousity, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Epicousity

Epicousity Subatomic Cosmonaut

What if the NPC's had different kinds of governments (dictatorship, democracy, autocracy, communism, etc.) that could effect gameplay? Like if dictatorships had a curfew that limited when you could be there or the law enforcement would attack you, or you would have to wear certain clothes to be able to walk around their city/town/village. Maybe they could confiscate your weapons at certain buildings or maybe take them all up at the gate when you first approach their community? Or maybe it would have NO government and the town could be full of people that would attack you randomly (kind of like muggings) and you could break the law and no one would care. Please post any ideas on whether this idea sucks or if is somewhat a good one. Or maybe put ideas on how to make this better.

SuperWillieD and matthijsieboy like this.
  2. Epicroyal

Epicroyal Cosmic Narwhal

This could be a good way to have places to get quests, and spend pixels, I support this.

Epicousity likes this.
  3. A reasonable idea, but it probably belongs more in the mechanics section.

4. Epicousity

I wasn't sure where to put it, but it mostly relates to NPCs so I put it here.

5. Tyr

Tyr Pangalactic Porcupine

I find it funny that you have an anarchist avatar, and are suggesting governments existing. The Irony.

6. Epicousity

OH SWEET IRONY!!! No but seriously, I really think NPC governments would play a big role in affecting gameplay.

7. Epicousity

On addition with my suggestion, maybe there could be an empire that stretches across several planets and there could be missions to take each planet away from them (maybe a war between two empires(?)) or become a citizen of one and eventually move up the ranks until you're actually leading said empire. Please elaborate on this idea as well.

8. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

there could be like, planets that are inhabited by people who live in cities and towns and they could each have there own government

9. Epicousity

That is what I've been talking about!

10. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

And before you know it you have to pay taxes for breathing :rofl: