1. These forums have moved. You can find the community for Lenna's Inception on Reddit or joining the developers on Discord.

Graphics bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dropdead, Jun 12, 2015.

1. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Hi there, I haven't played for such a long time at all and the game has evolved quite a bit. Can't wait to see if it ever gets the pretty new graphics overhaul - looks rich and juicy.

After I downloaded the newest version and started the game it looks like this:
    pic.png

I don't think this sort of double picture is intended.
    Any tips?

OS: Win 7 SP1 German version (probably this time not the problem)
    game version: lenna-beta7b-windows.zip

I've tried the other version but it does not work - after game start I get to see the start screen with the news for a few seconds and then it shuts itself down.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

The game has a fixed aspect ratio, so I've been experimenting with ways to fill the otherwise black borders. Duplicating portions of the screen is one of the things I'm trying, and that's what you can see.

If you don't like it, you can turn it off in the options menu in the launcher.
      I think the one that crashes in the launcher is using the version of Java installed on your machine rather than one included in the game's download. There is a bug in Java 8 that causes it to crash on Lenna's Inception, so if you have Java 8 installed, that'll be what it is.

In future there will only be one version, and so no confusion about whether you have the right one.

Dunto likes this.
      • dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the info. I feel a bit irritated because of the 'moving' border especially when I go from one screen to the other.
        So how do I turn it off? Maybe I was struck by a slight case of hysterical blindness but I didn't find the option when I looked for it.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

It should be "Fill Borders" in the options menu on the launcher. The options menu in-game doesn't have this option.

dropdead likes this.