1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Grappling Whips 1.1

Enhance the default whip attack - grapple onto lights!

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao submitted a new mod:

Grappling Whips - Replace the default whip attack - grapple onto lights!

Read more about this mod...

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Does 'replacing' remove the ability to attack with the whip though?

3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

no, the attack still works fine, just adds that you can grapple onto lights

i'll probably add a check for monsters nearby before it decides to grapple though - could be a pain when in a fight and your whip decides to grab a light

Crusism likes this.
  4. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Thank you for this, i needed this mod for my castlevania obession

5. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, you need to click and hold the light target~ It's a neat idea!

6. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

love the idea!

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated Grappling Whips with a new update entry:

First!! update ;)

Read the rest of this update entry...

jonathonspy, L3W and Crusism like this.
  8. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I'd love it if someone added a companion challenge room or mission level that was made with these new whips in mind. Right now it feels like a really cool feature that isn't being utilized. Maybe I'll add an obstacle course of lights for myself at least. Great work!

9. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Hahaha, funny that you mentioned that; I'm already midway of making my own dungeon in my own barren world with the traps mod for my friends to visit. X'D

It would be great if someone made danger rooms for these and just released them as missions on-line! I think it'd be really crazy fun. Or even replicate the Castlevania levels since we have a mod for Castlevania furniture too! Or Indiana Jones!

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

if i could get TIled to run, id give it a shot

a cluster of the 1 tile wide thin strip lights that are all over hylotl cities would be good to use in areas where aim is less important
    the 'indy whip' i added is probably the best one to use for acrobatics - has a rate of fire comparable to the whip in gif

jonathonspy and Crusism like this.
  11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I was wondering: could you make an iron chain that looks similar to the one in Whipcraft and that has the exact same properties as the indy whip you made but enchanted with fire?

Specific request, I know, but I would love having a metal chain whip weapon to spew fire like the old Castlevania games yet still have the range of the indy whip to make the best use out of your game mechanic mod.

It always peeved me that whips in Starbound are quite slow and short in range. X'D

12. Locky543

Locky543 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, i'm just here to say something... i know this mod is compatible with whipcraft, cause i have it but...when i gonna to grap with my whip on the light while jumping, it just locks there, making my character unable to Look another side... i can move and jump,but the only way to fix it is changing the weapon or just use the deselect hand button, then my character is able to looks the another side... idk if the mod doesn't work just to me or i just have a mod that changes the whip mechanic(which i don't have anything of that)... so... How you can help me?

EDIT:Nvm I found the problem,i have a mod called "More whips" that adds 3 more whips(thought they are all for 2-Hands;now i see the issue... what a stupid i am lol)... Now i'm able to grap the torchs... sorry for incoveniences. :badpokerface:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019