1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ground-Penetrating Radar Station v1.45 (p1.2)

A machine which scans and displays your surrounding environment.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

You are a godsend my friend. I loved the handheld but ahh, things have to happen right?

2. 31ost

31ost Space Hobo

black screen..

3. uxlapogi

uxlapogi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would prefer a handheld version.

Or just pressing a button (like M) to open the map, would love that even more.
    --- Post updated ---
    Two ideas.

1. The scanner as a gun/launcher.

Firing it consumes expensive ammo, a scanner spike, which then does the scan and displays the map.

2. The scanner as a per planet satellite that needs to be launched beforehand. (Similar to the terramart remote sell thingy)

Once in orbit, open the map with the press of a button.

4. ycbcr

ycbcr Space Hobo

One question about the GPR station — I died somewhere deep in the caves and I dropped a copious amounts of loot; for some reason this time I can't seem to find the exact place. Can I use GPR for that? I tried to look around, it's mostly ore and monsters. Do I need to look for something specific?

5. max_vici

max_vici Void-Bound Voyager

How can I make the viewing window larger without altering my game resolution?
    I play with a very large resolution and am finding the viewing window hard to see.

6. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

The only way this mod could be even better is that it is a handheld and that it supports bigger resolutions; otherwise, great work!!! X'D

7. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

8. kolt16

kolt16 Void-Bound Voyager

Sooo any chance this will get an update for 1.3?

9. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Seconded.

10. Win2Lose

Win2Lose Big Damn Hero

I did get it fixed myself for 1.3, as well as making a handheld version of it (it works just as the console, still buggy, as it uses player as a reference instead of the actual world object).

If @Wellbott wants and gives me his consent I can see about releasing it, if there is a demand for such thing, as well as the updated original mod.

11. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'd like to have a copy, if I may?

12. Win2Lose

Win2Lose Big Damn Hero

Sure, give it a try, I didn't get around to test it too much and see if something breaks (it shouldn't).

13. kolt16

kolt16 Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, I'd really appreciate it, fixing this thing is beyound my skills..

(Might not be my place to say, but if the original author is gone, shouldn't be a problem to at least drop the fix here in the topic so at least the fanatics can get at it :D)

14. IrrerDrongo

IrrerDrongo Intergalactic Tourist

Yes, I was working hard to get everything for this sensor and then it breaks the game... did not know it is not working with 1.3 (or 1.3.1). If you could provide your patched version? Thanks a lot!

15. ConfusingDalek

ConfusingDalek Void-Bound Voyager

Could I possibly have the file, too? Also, on the steam workshop version, this was posted in the comments:

"
    SephJul 6 @ 12:11pm
    Due to length, this post has been broken up into parts (part 1 of 3)

The following changes will "fix" this mod. This at least gets basic functionality back. I have not tested much. Caveat emptor.

=====================
    = gprconsole.object =
    =====================

change:
    line 27: "scripts" : [ "/scripts/vec2.lua", "gprconsolegobject.lua" ], -> "scripts" : [ "gprconsolegobject.lua" ],
    line 30: "interactAction" : "ScriptConsole", -> "interactAction" : "ScriptPane",

========================
    = gprconsoleobject.lua =
    ========================
    line 1: require "/scripts/vec2.lua"
    [​IMG]
    Seph
    Jul 6 @ 12:11pm
    Due to length, this post has been broken up into parts (part 2 of 3)
    ========================
    = gprconsolegui.config =
    ========================

change:

line 19: /interface/cockpit/xup.png -> /interface/x.png
    line 20: /interface/cockpit/xdown.png -> /interface/xpress.png
    line 21: /interface/cockpit/xdown.png -> /interface/xpress.png

add:

line 41: "canvasClickCallbacks" : {"scriptCanvas" : "canvasClickEvent"},
    line 42: "canvasKeyCallbacks" : {"scriptCanvas" : "canvasKeyEvent"},

remove:
    line 44: "/scripts/util.lua",
    line 45: "/scripts/vec2.lua",
    [​IMG]
    Seph
    Jul 6 @ 12:11pm
    Due to length, this post has been broken up into parts (part 3 of 3)
    =====================
    = gprconsolegui.lua =
    =====================

change all occurrences of "console.sourceEntity" to "pane.sourceEntity" (18 occurrences)
    change all occurrences of "console.canvasDrawRect" to "gpr_canvas:drawRect" (5 occurrences)
    change all occurrences of "console.canvasDrawText" to "gpr_canvas:drawText" (5 occurrences)
    change all occurrences of "console.canvasDrawPoly" to "gpr_canvas:drawPoly" (2 occurrences)

add:

line 1: require "/scripts/util.lua"
    line 2: require "/scripts/vec2.lua"
    line 267: local gpr_canvas = widget.bindCanvas("scriptCanvas")
    line 269: gpr_canvas:clear()
    line 305: local gpr_canvas = widget.bindCanvas("scriptCanvas")
    "

Could be helpful for anyone out there who knows how to open a pak file and use N++, in the meantime.

16. IrrerDrongo

Nope, does not help. I was using the asset_unpacker.exe and asset_packer.exe from \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\ and edited the files. Okay, the game does not crash anymore, but I only get a black window titled GPR-Mapper.
    The edits are made in the attached file. The content of the zip belongs in the folder \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\729512636\

Attached Files:

17. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Think I know what happened. You forgot to save the modifications to gprconsolegui.lua.

18. IrrerDrongo

YES, thank you, now it is working! I had some trouble with the last part of this file, with the adding of lines. Later I forgot to do the changing...
    What ever, here we have the working file for at least Starbound 1.3.1. Go to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\729512636\, rename the contents.pak to something else and unzip my file.

Attached Files:

19. Win2Lose

Win2Lose Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

I had fun messing around with it :nuruhappy: besides the fact that if you beam up or down a planet you gotta re-run it from the item, it works pretty well.

20. ConfusingDalek

ConfusingDalek Void-Bound Voyager

Whoa, what cool stuff is that you got going on with your hud?