1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Guard Tenant Mission Bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Daroob, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Daroob

Daroob Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I am running Starbound downloaded from both Steam and GOG. There is an issue with the Tenant generated missions given by guard tenants from both installs.

Specifically, the missions asking the player to protect another tenant freeze. The mission begins, directing the player to a map location, where enemies spawn to attack the tenant the player is tasked to defend.

The mission compass does not point to this map location, but instead points to the quest giver.

Arriving in the vicinity of the hostiles updates the mission status to "kill the *" in the text next to the mission compass, and the compass pointer locks up, in whatever direction it happened to be pointing.

Defeating the hostiles does not advance mission progression. The only thing to do is abandon the mission.

This occurs in all instances of this mission being offered, and has occurred many times. (I really love doing missions.)

Most of my Tenants are on tier six worlds that have been terraformed into Lush worlds, but I believe that I have reproduced the error on a tier 0 lush world as well. (tier 1?)

I am playing the game on a Windows 10 PC, 64bit.

I have the following mods installed: Melee aiming, Augment slots for Armor, and Casual Hunger.

2. Daroob

Daroob Void-Bound Voyager

Has any one else had this problem? It persists.