Guide for Creating Custom Events

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sivolobwho, Oct 30, 2016.

1. sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

CUSTOM EVENT GUIDE
    by Siv

Hello! I'm Siv, maker of Siv's Marriage Mod. This guide is meant to help anybody make custom events for their game. If you feel like your favorite character just didn't get enough attention, this is a good way to add content. You can make virtually as many events for an NPC as you wish.

This guide will assume you have a basic understanding of how to mod the game's XNB files. If you don't know how to do this, I recommend visiting this thread to find guides. You will also need a source code editor like notepad++.

GETTING STARTED
    1. In your unpacked Content folder, go to Data\Events.
    2. Select the location where your event will trigger.
      1. If your location does not have a <location>.yaml file already in the Events folder, you can add one yourself. Simply open one of the .yaml files in the folder and save it as the EXACT name of your location (i.e. "Tent.yaml"). This IS case-sensitive, and you MUST include the .yaml extension. Then, delete everything below the "content: #!Dictionary<String,String>" line.
        1.png
        2.png
    3. Add the parameters that must be met for your event to trigger. (These parameters are explained in detail below in the blue section.)
      3.png
    4. Add the script for your event. (Explained below.)
      4.png
    5. Pack the .yaml back into an .xnb file, then replace the current .xnb file in your game's content folder (if one already exists).
    6. Test the event, then find & fix any errors.
    EVENT TRIGGERS

"7563/f Lewis 1500/z spring/w sunny/e 457/t 1000 1600/n mayorLetter:
    This is the example trigger I will be using. This is not a real event in the game, but it would trigger under the right circumstances if I added it. "/" is the character used to separate parameters of the trigger.

This is the unique ID of the event. This ID must not be the same as any other event's ID, otherwise when one triggers then you will not be able to trigger the other event with the same ID. For safety, I usually use a long (but not random) string of numbers.

f Lewis 1500
    This parameter means the event will only trigger when Lewis is at 1500 friendship. One heart is equal to 250 friendship, so you can do the math here. This event will only trigger when Lewis is at 6 hearts. You can replace "Lewis" with any NPC, but it must be spelled correctly and is case-sensitive.

z spring
    Event will only trigger in spring. Can be replaced with "summer", "fall", or "winter".

w sunny
    Event will only trigger when weather is sunny. Can be replaced with "rainy", "windy", or "snowy".

e 457
    Event will only trigger when you have seen this event ID. Can be replaced with any event's ID (as long as it doesn't match the current event's ID).

t 1000 1600
    Event will only trigger between 10:00am and 4:00pm. This uses 24 hour time. You can replace either number with whatever you want (usually in between 600 and 2350).

n mayorLetter
    Event will only trigger once you have read the mail "mayorLetter". Go to Content\Data\mail.xnb to find the names of mail, or add your own. See "Mail Events" below for more information on this.

OTHER TRIGGERS

p Clint

Event will only trigger when Clint is present on the map. Can be replaced with any NPC.

k 6942
    "Kills" an event by ID when this event is triggered, making it so the event won't trigger, ever, even if the requirements are met. You can use this if you want one event or another to activate but not another. Useful for creating branching stories.

d Tue
    Event will only trigger on Tuesday. Can be replaced: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun.

j 10
    Event will only trigger on the 10th day of the season.

y 2
    Event will only trigger in year 2. Can be replaced with any year.

m 12000
    Event will only trigger when you have 12,000G or more. Can be replaced with any amount.

h cat
    Event will only trigger if your animal preference is set to cat. Can be replaced with dog.

*There are more triggers than these, but these are likely the only ones you will need to use. The only trigger that you NEED for your event is an ID - everything else you include or don't is up to you.

SCRIPT

The script for your event tells the game which actions to perform. Most of them are fairly easy to use and understand, but one typo will make your event freeze and potentially crash your game, so you must be meticulous with your typing and proofreading. Like the trigger parameters, script actions are separated by "/".

jaunty/7 9/farmer 6 8 2 Lewis 10 9 3/skippable/pause 500/emote Lewis 8/pause 500/move farmer 0 2 1/move farmer 2 0 0/speak Lewis \"Oh, why hello there, @!#$b#What can I do for you?$h\"/pause 1000/emote farmer 32/pause 2000/globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000/end warpOut" #!String

jaunty
    This is the music that will start playing at the beginning of your event. You can experiment to find which music you want to use. Some of the music names are: jaunty, gusviolin, 50s, poppy, sweet, distantBanjo, and playful. There are others, but as far as I know there is no master list. This makes choosing music very frustrating, so I usually go with whatever I can find that fits. This MUST go first in the script.

7 9
    This is the viewport for the event, AKA the tile that will be in the middle of your screen. You can change the viewport at any time AFTER this by using "viewport x y true", or just "viewport x y" if you are placing your viewport off the map. This MUST go after the music name.

farmer 6 8 2 Lewis 10 9 3
    This adds the named NPCs and farmer (hereafter called "actors") to the event. You can add any actor you want. The format is "Name x y d", where d = direction you want the actor to be facing. This MUST go after the original viewport.
    5.png

skippable
    Makes the event skippable. This MUST go directly after the actor positions.

THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS CAN GO IN ANY ORDER:

pause 500
    "Pauses" the event for 500 milliseconds (half a second). Just creates some empty space. It's a good way to keep events from feeling too chaotic, like everything happens too fast. This can be as short or as long as you like.

emote Lewis 8
    Makes the named actor display the named emote. You can find the emotes in Content\TileSheets\emotes.png. They go in multiples of 4, since each emote has 4 frames. You only need to name the first frame, so "emote Lewis 8" makes Lewis display the "?" emote (all 4 frames of it).

move farmer 0 2 1/move farmer 2 0 0
    Makes the named actor move. The values are "move Name x y d", where d = direction you want the actor to be facing when the movement is done. **The x y values for the move command do NOT make the actor move to an x y position, but rather: they move the specific number of tiles x and y (x being horizontal and y being vertical, but I hope you already knew that). ***The actors CANNOT move on both the x and y axis in ONE MOVE COMMAND. Therefore, you MUST separate all x and y movements like I did above.

speak Lewis \"Oh, why hello there, @!$s#$b#What can I do for you?$h\"
    Makes the named actor speak (NOT the farmer). The format for speech is a little bit weird, and you MUST get it right or it won't work. speak Name MUST be followed by \"Dialogue\" (and / before the next action). #$b# will separate the text into different dialogue boxes. The @ symbol calls the farmer's name. The $s before the #$b# will make Lewis display his sad portrait for that dialogue box. Almost all NPCs have happy and sad portraits. The $h before the last forward slash will make Lewis display his happy portrait for that dialogue box. Using no specific portrait command will make the default portrait appear.

$h = happy
    $s = sad
    $a = angry

If you want to use a specific portrait but don't know how, open their portrait .png, then you can use $1, $2, $3, etc. The portraits start at $0, but you will never have to use $0, since $0 is the default portrait.
    6.png

globalFade/viewport -1000 -1000
    This command is used to make the map fade to black. globalFade will make the map fade, then you must immediately follow it with the viewport command to make the viewport go off the map, otherwise after the fade the map will still be visible (don't ask me why). It doesn't have to be -1000 -1000, but that ensures nothing will be visible.

end warpOut" #!String
    This makes the event end, and it will end with the player warping out of whatever map they are on. #!String is the way every content string in the game ends, thus, events must also end with this. Other ending options are...

end dialogue Lewis \"Let me know if I can help you with anything.$h\"" #!String
    Makes the event end. Next time you talk to Lewis, he will say that dialogue.

end position 7 9" #!String

Makes the event end and the farmer will be standing on that tile.

end" #!String

Just makes the event end.

OTHER SCRIPT ACTIONS

warp farmer 10 9

Warps the actor to the specified x y location. They will be facing the same direction as before. This is useful when switching to a new map, or making a character leave or enter your event. When a character is LEAVING your event, you must warp them off the map, like so:
    warp Emily -30 -30
    She'll be safe offscreen if/when you need her again - simply warp her back if you want her. Similarly, if you are having a character enter the event later, especially if they are entering a building, have them start offscreen. Then, write a line like this:
    playSound doorClose/warp Shane 10 8
    Assuming 10, 8 is where the entrance to the map is located, this creates a good illusion of the NPC walking into the building, where in reality they are just getting warped in.

faceDirection Lewis 2

Makes actor face whichever direction specified.

showFrame Lewis 26
    Shows the actor's specified frame on their sprite sheet. Usually used to show special frames specific to certain events (such as an NPC sitting down). I think this will work for the farmer, too, but I have no idea which frame is which for the farmer, since they have 10349023852 frames probably.

speed farmer 4
    Changes the actor's speed for the NEXT MOVE ONLY. 3 is the default. 4 is a good running speed.

playSound dwop
    Plays the specified sound once. Like music, I don't think there is a master list, so it is ultimately a guessing game. Dwop is the sound it makes when you kiss your spouse. Other sounds include: drumkit, wateringCan, doorClose, and openBox. Good luck finding which ones are which. You'll have to dig through other events to find the names of sounds.

shake Lewis 1000
    Makes the actor shake for the specified amount of milliseconds.

jump farmer
    Makes the actor jump in the air.

textAboveHead Lewis \"Hello!\"
    Creates a small text bubble above the actor's head with the dialogue in it. I don't think this works for the farmer but I could be wrong. Format is like "speak" command.

addQuest 54
    Adds the quest by ID to your quests.

message \"Display message.\"
    Displays the specified message. Format is like "speak" command, but it displays a message with no name or actor portrait.

animate Lewis true true 200 24 24 24 25 25 25 26 26 26
    Animates the current actor. The format is "animate Name t/f t/f speed frames". In this example, 200 is the speed (I think it's milliseconds per frame) and it will animate the frames specified after. I am not sure what the t/f values are specifically, but false false will make it not loop, and true true will make it loop.

stopAnimation Lewis
    Will stop any animation you started for the actor.

mail lewisLetter
    Will send the mail specified the following day.

friendship Lewis 250
    Adds the specified amount of friendship points. 250 points is one heart. Can also use - to take away an amount, such as "friendship Lewis -250".

playMusic poppy
    Will play the specified music. Uses the same music cues as always.

specificTemporarySprite linusCampfire
    Adds the specific temporary sprite you specify to the scene. I still have not found where these sprites are defined or how the game knows where to place them. Not very useful overall.

changeLocation Beach
    Changes the event's location to the specified map. This map MUST be a game location that already exists.

changeToTemporaryMap ElliottSea
    Changes the event's location to a temporary map. You can create your own temporary maps (follow the format of the maps that already exist) for your events.

question fork1 \"Go fishing with Willy?#Yes#No\"/fork noFishing
    noFishing: "pause 500/speak Willy \"...Oh. Another time, then.\"/pause 500/end warpOut" #!String

Forks the event to a sub-event. The sub-event, instead of having a number ID, will have the name you give it, in this case, "noFishing". On a new line, write the name of your sub-event and a colon, then give it a script. You do NOT need to start this script with music, a viewport, and actor positions, as those WILL carry over from the main event. The format is question fork1 \"Question#Answer1#Answer2\"/fork Answer2result. You can change the "fork1" to "fork0" to make it fork from the first option.

speak Linus \"$q -1 null#How do you like it?#$r -1 0 event_dinner1#It's delicious!#$r -1 0 event_dinner2#I've had better.\"
    Creates a question with different answers and unique dialogue responses from the NPC. The format is: \"$q -1 null#Question#$r -1 0 dialoguename1#Response 1#$r -1 0 dialoguename2#Response 2\"
    It can be a little confusing. I don't use this action much because of that. If you use this command, you MUST find the corresponding NPC's dialogue .yaml and add the responses like this:
    event_dinner1: "I'm so glad!$h" #!String
    event_dinner2: "Oh...$s" #!String

ambientLight 0 0 0
    Creates ambient light on the map. I haven't used it much so I don't know how it works, and I've had problems with it when I have tried to use it in the past.

positionOffset farmer 10 0
    Offset's the actor's position. I think the numbers refer to pixels, and they are x y. They can also be negative values. Basically, inches the actor away from the center of their tile amount x or y. I haven't used it too much but it can be pretty useful.

Mail Events
    To create an event that begins with the player receiving a letter, complete the following steps:
    1. Open Content\Data\mail.yaml and add the letter you want to start your event, such as an invitation for a picnic. Call it whatever you wish. For this example we will call it "mayorLetter".
    2. Open Content\Data\Events\Farm.yaml and add the line to add the letter to the mailbox under the desired circumstances. In this example, we want the letter to be delivered when the player has reached 6 hearts with Lewis. "x mayorLetter" will add the letter to the mailbox. The script MUST say "null". This line MUST have its own unique ID that is different from the event we want it to start.
      "234909/f Lewis 1500/x mayorLetter: "null" #!String
    3. Open the .yaml of the map you want your event to occur at. When writing the trigger parameters, make sure to include "n mayorLetter".

Thanks for reading my guide! I know it's a little messy/unorganized, so feel free to ask me any questions that aren't answered here.

I found most of this information myself by studying other events, and I find that is probably the best way to learn. However, it's frustrating when there are many commands you aren't sure of, so I hope this is helpful for anyone who wants to make custom events for their game (and even share them with others). :^)

If you use my guide as a reference and you decide to share your custom events with others (whether on these forums, nexus mods, or anywhere else) I would appreciate a shout-out or even a link back!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    • sivolobwho

A list of quick parts taken from the .exe, such as how to call the name of your spouse, child, or pet.

dialogueHappy = "$h";
      dialogueSad = "$s";
      dialogueUnique = "$u";
      dialogueNeutral = "$neutral";
      dialogueLove = "$l";
      dialogueAngry = "$a";
      dialogueEnd = "$e";
      dialogueBreak = "$b";
      dialogueKill = "$k";
      dialogueChance = "$c";
      dialogueDependingOnWorldState = "$d";
      dialogueQuickResponse = "$y";
      dialoguePrerequisite = "$p";
      dialogueSingle = "$1";
      dialogueQuestion = "$q";
      dialogueResponse = "$r";
      breakSpecialCharacter = "{";
      playerNameSpecialCharacter = "@";
      genderDialogueSplitCharacter = "^";
      quickResponseDelineator = "*";
      randomAdjectiveSpecialCharacter = "%adj";
      randomNounSpecialCharacter = "%noun";
      randomPlaceSpecialCharacter = "%place";
      spouseSpecialCharacter = "%spouse";
      randomNameSpecialCharacter = "%name";
      firstNameLettersSpecialCharacter = "%firstnameletter";
      timeSpecialCharacter = "%time";
      bandNameSpecialCharacter = "%band";
      bookNameSpecialCharacter = "%book";
      rivalSpecialCharacter = "%rival";
      petSpecialCharacter = "%pet";
      farmNameSpecialCharacter = "%farm";
      favoriteThingSpecialCharacter = "%favorite";
      eventForkSpecialCharacter = "%fork";
      kid1specialCharacter = "%kid1";
      kid2SpecialCharacter = "%kid2";

• Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

This needs to get stickied! So helpful! :3

• MaggieM

MaggieM Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for writing this wonderful guide! :) I'm looking to get into end-game modding soon (have to wait for my new laptop to ship first) -- adding some more scenes, quests, NPCs and such that trigger after finishing the community center (would love to extend the game a bit, you know?). But the actual packaging of the game is much different than anything I'm used to. This really just reduces the problem to writing, and maybe a little bit of graphic design. Thanks for being so clear! :)

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Awesome guide, thank you so much!

• sivolobwho

There are specific triggers for after the community center is completed. I can add them to the OP, but I don't know much about them yet.

• randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

Nice work! You might also want to mention that, to actually change locations, you have to use the warp function right after, and that there's also the question fork0 function (which is basically the same, it only changes which answer triggers the fork).

All in all, pretty complete guide. Here's to hoping it'll help people learn how to make events so that we can get even more mods!

• sivolobwho

Yes, I've been slowly adding details I left out at first, since I was a little lazy with some of the more specific instructions. Technically, if you don't want the actors to move, you don't have to warp them and they'll stay in the same x y locations on the new map lol. :^P

• MaggieM

MaggieM Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, no worries -- I figure I'll just have the Mayor's "thank you for fixing the community center" letter as a requirement, or look at the file for that letter or the Dark Talisman quest. :3

sivolobwho likes this.
                    • sivolobwho

I expanded a bit on the "warp" command & how it can be used when making characters enter or exit the event. Also, if you guys are working on custom events and have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm not really an expert on the system, but I've done a lot of staring at the .yaml files, so I'll probably be able to help out with problems.

• wispguppy

wispguppy Intergalactic Tourist

Can we delete "e 457" if we want to make it independent? Is that parameter necessary?

• sivolobwho

That piece is not necessary and may be deleted.

• AndrewH

AndrewH Master Chief

While tinkering, I came across a few other useful commands:

viewport move <X> <Y> <Time>
                            Pans the camera, instead of jumps to a co-ordinate. The X and Y values seem to specify how many pixels the screen moves per milisecond on each axis (and can be positive and negative to indicate direction), while Time is the number of miliseconds the pan takes to execute. It's quite hard to use it precisely, because it works in pixels-per-millisecond, rather than tiles, but it's much prettier than a hard jump. Also, event-time is not paused while the pan is happening, so you might want a pause command with the same time specified so things don't happen while the camera is moving.

advancedMove <NPC> <loop> [<x> <y>...]
                            Takes a series of (X,Y) values, in the same manner as the standard move command, and executes them in sequence. However, it also executes them in parallel with the standard event execution, so if you set one NPC moving using advancedMove, and another moving with just move, you can get them moving at the same time. Unlike the move command, which will let you just plow headlong through anything, advancedMove checks for collisions, and will cease moving if the character hits anything. Unfortunately, although there is the capacity for an endBehaviour to trigger, it can only be set when setting up advancedMoves programmatically, meaning there is no way to configure an action to happen at the end of the movement through the Event syntax - you just have to sort of guess when the movement will finish.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
                            • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's so cool that this has its own post! I was wondering where the guide was. Thank you! I should try to make one of these one of these days :)

• Moondew

Moondew Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if there is a trigger for if your spouse has asked you for a baby? I'm planning on creating Harvest Moon styled pregnancy and birth events but I'm struggling on getting a good way of showing the events when it makes sense.

ghomerghamer likes this.
                                • ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

I looked through the yaml dialogues for almost two hours last night looking for that very thing. Didn't find anything in any of them.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Sound list:

//PlaySound
                                    doorClose
                                    archaeo
                                    axe
                                    boulderCrack
                                    coin
                                    cut
                                    dialogueCharacter
                                    dialogueCharacterClose
                                    dropItemInWater
                                    ghost
                                    grunt
                                    hammer
                                    hoeHit
                                    openBox
                                    pickUpItem
                                    sandyStep
                                    seeds
                                    shadowpeep
                                    shiny4
                                    smallSelect
                                    throwDownITem
                                    grassyStep
                                    stoneStep
                                    thudStep
                                    eat
                                    fishBite
                                    toolSwap
                                    pullItemFromWater
                                    woodyStep
                                    bob
                                    dwoop
                                    explosion
                                    crafting
                                    detector
                                    furnace
                                    powerup
                                    desolate
                                    jaunty
                                    starshoot
                                    sappypiano
                                    musicboxsong
                                    50s
                                    ragtime
                                    sadpiano
                                    fuse
                                    echos
                                    sampractice
                                    heavy
                                    honkytonky
                                    poppy
                                    shimmeringbastion
                                    aerobics
                                    hitEnemy
                                    slime
                                    Duggy
                                    money
                                    toolCharge
                                    ow
                                    death
                                    fireball
                                    rabbit
                                    woodyHit
                                    breathout
                                    breathin
                                    wind
                                    springtown
                                    wavy
                                    clubloop
                                    achievement
                                    wedding
                                    flute
                                    drumkit0
                                    drumkit1
                                    drumkit2
                                    drumkit3
                                    drumkit4
                                    drumkit5
                                    drumkit6
                                    phone
                                    thunder
                                    rain
                                    crickets
                                    wand
                                    title_night
                                    questcomplete
                                    cavedrip
                                    objectiveComplete
                                    backpackIN
                                    Crystal Bells
                                    Cavern
                                    Secret Gnomes
                                    Cloth
                                    Icicles
                                    XOR
                                    Near The Planet Core
                                    Of Dwarves
                                    spring2
                                    spring3
                                    Pink Petals
                                    Tropical Jam
                                    Ghost Synth
                                    Plums
                                    Majestic
                                    Orange
                                    summer2
                                    Cyclops
                                    winter3
                                    New Snow
                                    croak
                                    treethud
                                    treecrack
                                    axchop
                                    leafrustle
                                    crystal
                                    sweet
                                    potterySmash
                                    select
                                    flameSpellHit
                                    flameSpell
                                    debuffHit
                                    debuffSpell
                                    monsterdead
                                    clubhit
                                    clubswipe
                                    openChest
                                    rockGolemSpawn
                                    rockGolemDie
                                    darkCaveLoop
                                    bugLevelLoop
                                    batFlap
                                    batScreech
                                    bigDrums
                                    clubSmash
                                    ocean
                                    spring_day_ambient
                                    marnieShop
                                    toyPiano
                                    skeletonStep
                                    skeletonDie
                                    skeletonHit
                                    slimeHit
                                    dustMeep
                                    throw
                                    minecartLoop
                                    CloudCountry
                                    roadnoise
                                    busDoorOpen
                                    SettlingIn
                                    sipTea
                                    shadowDie
                                    shadowHit
                                    healSound
                                    coldSpell
                                    tribal
                                    Upper_Ambient
                                    Frost_Ambient
                                    Lava_Ambient
                                    yoba
                                    warrior
                                    slingshot
                                    discoverMineral
                                    trashcan
                                    newArtifact
                                    reward
                                    newRecord
                                    newRecipe
                                    Overcast
                                    woodsTheme
                                    stumpCrack
                                    secret1
                                    trainWhistle
                                    trainLoop
                                    getNewSpecialItem
                                    nightTime
                                    Meteorite
                                    UFO
                                    owl
                                    dogs
                                    scissors
                                    Milking
                                    Duck
                                    sheep
                                    killAnimal
                                    boulderBreak
                                    sell
                                    purchaseClick
                                    cast
                                    SinWave
                                    slowReel
                                    fastReel
                                    tinyWhip
                                    button1
                                    FishHit
                                    jingle1
                                    fishEscape
                                    fishSlap
                                    Cowboy_OVERWORLD
                                    Cowboy_singing
                                    Cowboy_Secret
                                    Cowboy_gunshot
                                    cowboy_boss
                                    cowboy_dead
                                    Cowboy_Footstep
                                    Cowboy_undead
                                    cowboy_powerup
                                    cowboy_gunload
                                    cowboy_gopher
                                    cowboy_explosion
                                    cowboy_outlawsong
                                    playful
                                    AbigailFlute
                                    AbigailFluteDuet
                                    breezy
                                    kindadumbautumn
                                    Hospital_Ambient
                                    breakingGlass
                                    spaceMusic
                                    robotSoundEffects
                                    robotBLASTOFF
                                    pool_ambient
                                    cameraNoise
                                    keyboardTyping
                                    mouseClick
                                    elliottPiano
                                    tinymusicbox
                                    gusviolin
                                    whistle
                                    event1
                                    tickTock
                                    FlowerDance
                                    event2
                                    moonlightJellies
                                    fallFest
                                    christmasTheme
                                    junimoMeep1
                                    communityCenter
                                    junimoStarSong
                                    busDriveOff
                                    stairsdown
                                    serpentHit
                                    serpentDie
                                    dogWhining
                                    shwip
                                    fallDown
                                    WizardSong
                                    doorCreakReverse
                                    cacklingWitch
                                    glug
                                    harvest
                                    rooster
                                    dog_pant
                                    dog_bark
                                    spirits_eve
                                    MainTheme
                                    jojaOfficeSoundscape
                                    grandpas_theme
                                    fall_day_ambient
                                    summer_day_ambient
                                    snowyStep
                                    spring1
                                    summer1
                                    summer3
                                    fall3
                                    fall1
                                    fall2
                                    winter2
                                    winter1
                                    libraryTheme
                                    cracklingFire
                                    babblingBrook
                                    heavyEngine
                                    spring_night_ambient
                                    cricketsAmbient
                                    distantBanjo
                                    give_gift
                                    MarlonsTheme
                                    Saloon1
                                    stardrop
                                    crit
                                    cancel
                                    winter_day_ambient
                                    Stadium_cheer
                                    Stadium_ambient
                                    EmilyDance
                                    EmilyDream
                                    EmilyTheme
                                    parrot
                                    shaneTheme
                                    bigDeSelect
                                    bigSelect
                                    stoneCrack
                                    wateringCan
                                    cluck
                                    swordswipe
                                    slimedead
                                    EarthMine
                                    FrostMine
                                    LavaMine
                                    goat
                                    cow
                                    SpringBirds
                                    springsongs
                                    Ship
                                    boop
                                    pig
                                    rainsound
                                    purchase
                                    daggerswipe
                                    flybuzzing
                                    rockGolemHit
                                    parry
                                    seagulls
                                    clank
                                    trashcanlid
                                    distantTrain
                                    dwop
                                    bubbles
                                    moneyDial
                                    gulp
                                    purchaseRepeat
                                    dirtyHit
                                    fishingRodBend
                                    waterSlosh
                                    Cowboy_monsterDie
                                    Pickup_Coin15
                                    cowboy_monsterhit
                                    slosh
                                    woodWhack
                                    barrelBreak
                                    doorCreak
                                    doorOpen
                                    crow
                                    thunder_small
                                    cat

Sorry for the format.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
                                    • ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

i just found a program for extracting the sound files from the big cab file down to separate wave files. its a tiny program called "unxwb." i how have a playlist of all of the songs longer than 2 minutes in the game.

Androxilogin likes this.
                                      • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I grabbed up the "WaveBankExtractPackV2" from the audio editing thread found here a while back although I haven't tested it since I needed a framework or something.. Stardew ringtones!!

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

Am I doing something wrong that I just don't realize? I unpacked the original xnb to get the yaml I was going to modify, deleted everything after the content: "#!Dictionary<String,String>" line, made my event, and am now trying to repack the event into and xnb, but when I try to pack it into an xnb file again nothing happens. The xnb file that comes out the other end is the original file, without any of the modifications I added. can anyone explain what is happening?