1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Halo Ultra Halo Ultra V5.2

Spartans never die, they're just MIA.

1. Gonzo18

Gonzo18 Subatomic Cosmonaut

new update was released few days ago, i expect to wait a week or more to port all the stuff to the new version, if the author is still here...

2. Emile-A239

Emile-A239 Space Hobo

Hi there! I just got this mod, and it doesn't seem to be working. What I did was take the file after it was unzipped, and drag that SINGLE file (HaloUltraV4.2) into the mods folder.... nothing happened when I started up Starbound and entered in as one of my characters. I did not find any new items or anything. So what I did was open the HaloUltraV4.2 file, Highlight all the files within it and drag them into the mods folder. This also did not change anything. Also does it make a difference that I'm on a mac? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. Taas

Taas Space Spelunker

have someone made this mod work after the update? my game crashes when i have it instald. i have used the mod earlier. pleas answer

4. Gonzo18

Gonzo18 Subatomic Cosmonaut

mod is dead.

5. josefdarks

josefdarks Orbital Explorer

[Quote = "pantherine, post: 1757045, miembro: 99587"] pantherine presentó un nuevo mod:

De Halo Armadura V3 - MarkVI, Markv, EVA, CQB, ODST, EOD, Seguridad, Rogue.

Lea más acerca de este mod ... [/ quote]
    buen mod me dejo impresionado pero con la version 2015no funciona le agradeceria que lo actualizada ala version actul 2015 gracias

6. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Will This be Compatible Soon? I loved it :confirm: imgres.jpg

7. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah... I've a bad feeling the author will not be returning. I wonder if I myself can't figure out a way to update this to U.Giraffe. Would be marvelous... but to be fair, I remember this mod being either too overpowered, or waay too underpowered depending on your weapon. Might give this a check.

8. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Does anybody know how to get in touch with @Pantherine (the author) outside of the forums? I'm working on an Upbeat Giraffe port of the mod, I've already got 90%+ of the guns working (as well as added some new ones! DMRs {Reach, Halo 4, and SPv3 versions!}, SMGs, and Silenced SMGs) and added higher-quality sounds for them. Also, I've ported the human armours and NPCs, and the gun crafting station. All I have left to port is the MJOLNIR armour and its recolour station (and recipes), which is quite a bit of repetitive work so it'll probably come later.
    Anyways, yeah, I messaged the author about it a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back. If you're friends with him on Steam or Skype or [social network of your choice] I'd really love if you could tell him that I'm working on a port of his mod.

tl;dr - I fixed most of the mod and added cool stuff but can't release it b/c permissions

edit - I also rebalanced the weapons because they were SUPER OP. Some of them still kinda are after being rebalanced, but I was balancing them for Tier 6+ content :p

LegendXCarisso likes this.
  9. LegendXCarisso

Hmm... does he have a "Don't repost/copy/port/etc." permissions bit on his mod? If not, then it should generally be okay to, I'd think. Otherwise... why have the features and such? Heh.

10. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, at the bottom of the Overview page it says this:

"Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod."

if it were three months ago I'd just have released it anyways (I hadn't even started yet back then), but more recently Chucklefish changed the rules so that if a mod has permissions, you have to get permission to even look at it sideways, even if the author has been gone for a very long time :(
    I wonder if adding new guns and replacing most of the sounds actually makes my port a derivative work?

edit: No, that doesn't make it a derivative work, unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  11. LegendXCarisso

Not sure... but a shame that is the case.

12. TimeCraked

TimeCraked Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    Such a shame that Pantherine doesn't seem to be continuing this mod anymore... This ship here looked amazing.

13. TimeCraked

I messaged Pantherine on reddit about this and recieved this response

So the good news is that there is someone who has Pantherine's permission to continue the mod, and is working on it! So we will see this mod revived!

Starbound playa likes this.
  14. LegendXCarisso

15. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Any chance of them posting progress here?

16. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

*takes off helmet then 80 pairs of epic sunglasses* OH MY GAWD...

17. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

being spammy is probably not productice in this case its good to show your interest but there are better ways to use your energy.

18. TimeCraked

I'd ask about progress but Pantherine won't tell me who it is to message them, and hasn't responded to that question either.

19. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Yep we just get to standby to standby

20. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Hey I would love to help I found a bunch of assets recently and I would love to add each race's proper names and lore, as well as potential npc responses in Sangheili. I have also found some unique monsters that would be fun to add to the game. given that both Unggot and Lekgolos are the wrong size for players these would all be monsters as well. Though in the case of the penguin, it would be interesting to make an Unggot merchant for the various Covenant weapons, a Huragok unarmored scientist for some techs (Bubble shield and the other powerups), and maybe a T'vaoan to sell black market Earth weapons. I have found profiles of the ships but no deck plans aside from the one that's here.