Hammer Tool - Mending Fences

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Nov 7, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see this tool implemented into Stardew Valley?

1. Yes! This would be a useful tool to use!

71.4%
  2. Maybe, if it could do more than just mend fences and walls.

28.6%
  3. Makes no difference to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know if anyone's thought of this yet. Why don't we have a new tool - like a hammer - that would allow us to mend fences just by whacking them with the hammer and with the necessary material in your inventory in order to fix it (for example: Wood Fences require at least 1 regular Wood, where Stone Walls require at least 1 Stone in your inventory).
    Hammer Tool_2.png

Hammer Tool.png
    I think this'd make maintaining fences and walls a bit less tedious until we can get the clock from the Wizard.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • nash579

nash579 Astral Cartographer

Wouldn't mind, but don't really see the point since you can just build the new one on the damaged one.
      Only reason I see would be if you use all or most types of fences. Might be an interesting lategameoption.

• bobucles

bobucles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it'd be cool to get some junk parts from old fences. Maybe mulch or iron ingots or some such.

Another option is to make a fence repair kit sort of thing. Instead of waiting for them to break at random you just give them a whack of the repair kit back up to to full health. ideally it would be less expensive than waiting for the fence to fail.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Well, the way I pictured it with this tool would be that you only need 1 piece of the material in your inventory in order to repair the damaged fences... obviously, you can't repair iron fences with wood, so you'd need at least 1 iron bar in your inventory in order for the fence to be repaired.

• Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

I like this suggestion, it never made sense to me that I had to make a whole new fence from scratch, that I couldn't repair it ( even with materials)

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

It didn't make sense to me either. I'd like to see a tool like this implemented. :)

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm... what else could this hammer tool be used for besides just mending fences and walls? Anyone have any ideas?

• bobucles

bobucles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fix fence, or smash a crafted thing into its crafting materials. Higher levels of hammer might give better recovery (40% base, +10% per up, 80%iridium)

Xamerzan likes this.
                  • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

If you want to torture poor Clint even more, you could, with an additional craftable anvil, give it the option to open geodes on our own.