RELEASED HappyBirthday!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Aug 18, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Just as a pop up, and as a letter from your parents, IF and only IF you replaced the mail.xnb with the one in the download. Otherwise you won't get mail.

I never did think about the calendar. I may/may not add that in the future.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Thank you for the info. I had myself convinced it was on the calendar before, but I think I was mixing up an earlier version of MorePets with the HappyBirthday mod. The mail is good reminder, but I like looking at the calendar ahead of time. ;)

• Quostin

Quostin Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that if you have characters with the same name "Such as Mai", it will give all files with Mai the same birthday. I'm sure this isn't a problem for a lot of people as they may want to keep the same birthday for all those characters with the same name, or use a different name, but I had to delete the character birthday file when I was testing to see if the mod was working before moving to my main character, which shared the same name.

• Zaane

Zaane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Had an issue where it was crashing when checking the mail the morning after I passed out (from trying to get those last few ores :cry: )

Had to replace the Mail xnb with the original one just to read the mail telling me I passed out :facepalm:

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

My mail I got in the middle of the day and it was blank. I also had difficulty with frame rate. Unfortunately I didn't save the log as I was at the time troubleshooting another problem with another mod and I accidentally overwrote the log before saving it. I will try to post one a little later.

• Quostin

If the mail is blank, then you didn't move the mail.xnb to replace the other mail.xnb in the data folder.

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

I think there may be a typo in the PossibleBirthdayGifts.xnb
                [​IMG]
                Prrrretty sure that's supposed to be 446 5 and not 446 25. :D Led to a hilarious birthday haul for my farmer though:

[​IMG]

Then I reset that day and tried again out of curiosity. No rabbit's feet this time, but Sam did get me the elusive Error Item. Lots of Lucky Lunches-
                [​IMG]

• Quostin

Some of the gifts should be lowered though. Ended up getting 10 apple tree seeds from a 0 heart villager when I was testing it.

Also, If you set your birthday the same day as the day you are on, you will not get anything from your villagers. You got to wait a whole year.

Standardheld likes this.
                  • zipy199522

Ye that looks like a typeo. Woops. As for the error items, I could try to patch that somehow, I'd just need to do some thinking about how to do that.

@Quostin
                    Weird. Villagers should give you a gift if you set it to that day. The mod resets/checks for updates every day when you wake up, and when you start the game. Interesting.

• Quostin

Okay. I found what I was talking about. It seems that you can set the birthday to any day, but not select a season... which kind of breaks the mod. Maybe have spring as the default season instead of leaving it blank? For example, I could just click 1st without clicking the seasons on top, leaving it blank.

• zipy199522

That would be a good idea. I'll add that in on the bugs/todo list on nexus.

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was watching the SMAPI command window and discovered that your mod is throwing errors. I further tested this and found that it happens every time that there is a cut-scene (festivals, Someone showing up at your front door when you leave in the morning, relationship scenes, etc.).

I also ran into a problem with the Flower Dance using the Three Heart Flower Dance mod while having your mod enabled. It behaved as if it was not installed at all. I could probably remedy this by renaming your mod's directory to load below all other mods, but your mod should ideally not be running when a cut-scene happens.

The uploaded error log has several places where the errors occurred as there were several cut-scenes that I went through while testing. The errors are continually thrown until the cut-scene is over, making a large grouping of what looks like the same error over and over for each cut-scene.

Note: I did not enable the birthday mail from your parents portion of this mod, so I have no test data for that part.

Attached Files:

• zipy199522

I have known about the cutscene issue as of recently and plan to fix this over winter vacation as this mod is quite important to me! I will try to fix this and many other issues in the next update which should come out sometime within the next two weeks depending on scheduling. Thanks for your patience until then and thanks for letting me know! =)

Ladysarajane and foghorn like this.
                            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey! First of all, great mod!
                              But I've run into an issue. I've followed all the instructions, but I still don't get the parents mail nor the birthday dialogue with the others, though I do receive presents. I don't get the note saying it's the farmer's birthday as well. Did I do something wrong?

• zipy199522

That's odd. The pop-up should be shown if it is your birthday. I hate to ask this of you, but may I have a copy of your save folder and mod folder. I've received too many notifications about your issue to simply not do more research first. Doing so would be a great help in me tackling this issue once and for all. =)

Karmylla likes this.
                                • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey @zipy199522 , I just wanted to know if you got to figure what was wrong, so I can get all my birthday presents :p

kimberly6979 likes this.
                                  • kimberly6979

kimberly6979 Phantasmal Quasar

I also encountered same problem yesterday.
                                    I don't get the parents mail nor the birthday dialogue with the others.
                                    But talk to Krobus in the morning==>talk to Dwarf==>back to farm==>I get the parents mail:DD
                                    Thanks google translation.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
                                    • ShadowPaprika

ShadowPaprika Void-Bound Voyager

The mod is working, but the console goes completely bananas during cutscenes. You should try and fix that when you're able.

• nevergrowingup

nevergrowingup Void-Bound Voyager

hi, that's a really nice mod. I like it a lot, but there's one problem (at least for me.) I have another mod which shall send you letters which NPC has birthday in ingame, when it's there birthday. Both mods replace the mail.xnb file, is there any way to make both mods work? thanks in advance :)