1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Have everyone able to move while attacking?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Silver, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Aquatic Astronaut

With a lot of classes, particularly the melee classes but it's still a problem with others, stopping to attack can often lead to a bunch of damage received. Meanwhile, the Huntress kinda just eats things alive by repositioning whilst attacking. It would be nice to have ALL classes able to attack whilst moving BUT have the only the Huntress able to attack in the opposite direction she's moving. This keeps the Huntress unique in the way she attacks but also makes combat for everyone else almost as fluid.

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

I think the Huntress is just suppose to be the noob go to class of the game. So it's fine if we just let her be that.

• Kayote

Kayote Phantasmal Quasar

Eh not really needed, the Commando has a lot of built in knock back and repositioning. The Bandit... The Enforcer does move and shoot as long as he has his shield down allowing him to kite backwards and rarely get hit. The engineer has enough AoE and knock back along with the rest of his kit that he can move, turn around shoot, and keep running.

• SPLlT

SPLlT Big Damn Hero

All classes (not as much HAN-D, although it isn't really needed on HAN-D) can evade enemy attacks while attacking, you just need to figure out how...
          (Hint: Most enemy attacks only hit you when you are on the ground)
          (Hint #2: You can attack in mid-air)

• AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

but attacking while moving is the huntress's thing....... (I do think she needs to be nerfed or all other classes buffed but ill make a thread for that)

• Valerie Valens

Valerie Valens Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't the Huntress have a low health scaling factor compared to other classes?
              But yeah, if you are able to move while attacking, it would make the game too easy. Having to stop a bit to attack forces players to think about where they are positioned at, and if it's better to keep running or to stand their ground to fight. A couple of tips that can help you include walking towards the direction of a mob's melee attack, as that will often cause the attack to miss. Jumping through the mob while attacking in mid air is also a good tactic, and works great for melee characters against providence once you've taken care of his blighted phantasms.

• longman

longman Space Hobo

I think it's ok for the ranged classes not being able to move while attacking but I think for melee classes it would be nice and wouldn't make the game any easier

• Hellcelot

Hellcelot Void-Bound Voyager

I've heard so many complaints from my friends that Acrid moves with his basic attack. Not quite the same, but the point is there.

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

The obvious difference is Acrid can't stop moving while he attacks...

Hellcelot likes this.
                    • AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

you guys do know that you can jump then attack and depending on the attack you will hit the ground after you finish the skill right?