Have nursery as a requirement for children

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kyrislian, Mar 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kyrislian

Kyrislian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all, loving, absolutely loving this game :D There's plenty of suggestions floating around, but I haven't seen this one hence this post.

I'd like to see building a nursery as an inbetween step between expanding the house and having children. As of now, my character is living alone in her house with... a crib and 2 beds. Which is odd since she's not even married ^^

It would probably be a bit more immersive that instead of giving the spouse another bouquet, to perhaps initiate a discussion on having children and then place the order for the crib and beds. This way people who don't want children can make use of that extra room (So much looking forward to new furniture to decorate the house!), and if people want to have kids, buying the crib is more "real" than a bouquet!

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I actually do not like the third upgrade since for those who chose to not get married, they get a room with a crib and two beds, forcing you to have kids because you won't have anything else to use it for otherwise.

• Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with that. I would like to have an option where we can decide how to use this 'extra' room. Buying the crib/beds as an inbetween step would be a good start for that.

I'm not sure if I'm right since my 2nd child is still in the crib but I don't like it that the crib is still there after the 2nd child have changed into a toddler.

EDIT: You can also get childrens without giving your spouse a bouquet. My spouse asked me by himself if we want to have a baby after I went to bed a few days/weeks after our marriage ;) You can say yes or no. I guess the requirement for that is to have 12 hearts.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
        • Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

i havent got that far yet, because i havent tried to romance anyone, but it sounds like i would also hate the 2nd upgrade simply for the fact i dont need a nursery when i have no plans to marry.
          so i kinda do agree that the player should have an empty couple of rooms when they upgrade the cabin to the 3rd style. and then you could ask robin (if she isnt your spouse lol, then it would be free if you give her the wood/metal) to make you a crib and buy some kids beds.
          that way, you could customise the kids room too.
          what if i prefer a hardwood crib, or a metal one? haru could weld you a metal crib im sure and robin should be able to make you a normal or hardwood crib. same with the kids beds infact.

and yeah, it does sound more usefull than just having the spouse ask if you want to have kids...
          'honey, are you interested in kids?' (next day they or you are preggers, sheesh :rofl:)
          at least i had to give my spouse a gift every day for a season in harvest moon to get a baby ^^
          i would (should i ever consider marrage, lol) prefer something like this
          'honey....you know that empty room?' (granted, knowing me i would have filled it with furniture :rofl:) 'what do you think about...maybe making it a nursery?'
          and like Kyrislian sugested, you can make plans and build it befor (unless your spouse is robin, in which case she would just ask you for the materials and off she goes :rofl:)

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I only had to keep giving my spouse honey everyday until she asked if she wanted a baby.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Or to make it simple have a 3rd upgrade that adds a nursery and another room or something it'll come with crib and beds.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Skyrim be like = build this house! choose, alchemy lab or children room...

SV = you want children, have a children room. Dont want children? have a children room!

Altho yeah... we should have something else... that room could be put to better use! some craft discipline... a personal library? a little temple to... whatever deity the townsfolk seem to worship

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

there is a temple in the general store to the games deity, sometimes you can see them leaving on a sunday is it?, its to the far right of the screen, has a neat little gold alter and tall gold candlesticks.
                  (i found it befor i knew they actualy use it. was tempted to click it but i remember the confession door in harvest moon on psx :rofl: i had to confess to being lazy or something because all the other things were not what my farmer had ever done lol, just to get out of the room)

but yes, while those of us that dont want kids/spouse are a minority, it does make more sence to leave the rooms empty at first. then let us decorate them. gives another feeling of upgrading if we have to wait for the spouse to ask about the room, then get the crib..THEN get a kids bed.. after all, that is what we would have to do normaly. unless you have a lot of room and money, most folks get a crib first then buy a bed when junior is big enough to need one hehe

Corraidhín likes this.
                  • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Wait...you can give your spouse a bouquet to have them ask if you want children? O_O

I always just wait for them to be like: I WANTS A BABY! WANNA HAVE ONE? and then I'm like: OF COURSE I DO! :3

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i guess that explains why you can still buy the bouquet at Pierre´s, even after marriage.
                      i did wonder about that, but i thought it might be to date someone else in case you got divorced or something

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Divorces aren't in the (unmodded) game at the moment, so my guess is that the bouquets stay available for two reason.

The first is apparently to jumpstart the baby making process.

The second is, I presume, so you can still max out the hearts on all the romancab!e characters you didn't marry or start dating prior to marriage. Which is aother reason that it's be nice to have a 'friendship' item. (That and to disable spouse jealousy when giving that/those Bachelor(s)/Bachelorette(s) gifts. Because it's a bit worrying how jealous te spouses seem to act sometimes for people.)

Also, maybe the nursery/kids room could be exchanged for a place to grow plants indoors? Maybe only flowers?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I would love to have a wood-carving table instead of a children room, make something out of all that wood I chop, heck even ask Leah for a friendly carving competition.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

It'd be cool if someone could mod the nursery room to be like a normal room.

• Kyrislian

Kyrislian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just nudging this up :D

I would love tho if you could repurpose that room into something else! Like a trophy room, a random collection room, or just decorate it as any other room in the house :) Maybe the spouse's office, perhaps?

• Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

• Breowak

Breowak Astral Cartographer

storage, put chests in there to hold your seeds and stuff.