Modding Help Having an animation play a different description without replacing the original?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by someguy363, Dec 31, 2019.

1. someguy363

someguy363 Void-Bound Voyager

Is that possible? What I mean is, I'm making a mod for better spouse schedules and I want to have Sam use his gameboy when he's married. However, his gameboy animation already has dialogue (referred to as an animation description) but I want him to say something else. Is there a way to change the animation description used for that animation but only for that one specific schedule? I know I could just change the original text, but that would change Sam's dialogue even when you're not married to him.

The only solution I've found is to duplicate Sam's animation, call it something else, then make a new animation description for the duplicated animation. Assigning a string beside the animation doesn't work, the animation description overrides it. I just want to know if there's an easier method I'm missing.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

You could use Content Patcher's conditions to only change the description when married to him.