1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, sorry, but i kinda wanted to know something about a item i saw on the wiki

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Emerald99, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Emerald99

Emerald99 Void-Bound Voyager

On the wiki i saw a item called [[]] () that can apparently be made of the two translation wheel items, but when i looked it up it wasnt there, anyone know what it is?

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound general.

Emerald99 likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I don't understand, do you mean the item that is needed to make the Ancient translation codex?

4. Emerald99

Yes, those items apparently can make something called [[]] () as seen in the starbounder wiki i usually use
    upload_2020-11-26_23-52-26.png

this also goes for the left wheel aswell, i can provide a screenshot of its page aswell if needed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2020
  5. Daikon Ocelot

Yes, so what's the problem?

6. Emerald99

I just cant find the page for the item it says that can be crafted, and want to know what i need to make it

7. Daikon Ocelot

Those two translation wheels can only be obtained, and not crafted. They can be obtained in an Ancient chest in the mission where you fight that giant Erchius Crystal and in the mission where you help the Apex rebels fighting against Big Ape. In each of those two mission, you will find a hidden area where the Ancient chest is located (there are hidden levers, valves, or buttons that need to be activated to open the door to the secret area, you need to find it).

Once you obtain the two translation wheels (the right and left one), you can combine it for the Ancient Alphabet codex in the Treasure Trophies at the Outpost (it's the merchant who rides a giant creatures, you can find him in the far right of the Outpost, before the gate).

8. Emerald99

I dont need where i can find the wheels, or what they are, i meant the thing circled upload_2020-11-27_2-0-2.png
    I thought this was crystal clear that im focused on whatever [[]] () is but i guess i didnt make myself clear enough, clearly [[]] () isnt the book, from both the sprite and the name

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  9. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, right. Sorry. I didn't catch what you mean before.

So, okay, about that "[[]] ()," I honestly don't know what it is. I've never seen an item like that, or even an item with that kind of name in Starbound (it doesn't even have a link to what it is).

What I know, is that the translation wheels can't be crafted into anything else, other than that Ancient codex.

10. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

11. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

it's a bug on the wiki. the [[square brackets]] are used to link to other pages, but this 'item' has no name, so the link didn't work. the curved brackets are supposed to contain how much the recipe makes and the icon is the default icon the wiki uses for 'ingredient for' lists. don't worry about it. c:

12. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Hello - wiki admin here. It was an error referencing the recipe page, setup problem for the site - but that should be fixed now!

Thanks for the report

13. Emerald99

14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Emerald99 Just a note here. One word posts are frowned upon. Please include at least a full sentence in posts.