Modding Help Hello world!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Aurix79, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Aurix79

Aurix79 Poptop Tamer

Howdy everyone,

I'm brand new to modding and i love starbound, so i figured, why not mod starbound!? After a few stabs at creating a new race, modifying files, reloading, rinse repeat, i've got a semi-decent looking start (with miles to go)! (I decided to go with a new race as my 1st mod, and we'll see how it goes from there).

I'm looking for a guide or tips on how to use the "facialmask" feature. Please be kind! What i'd like to do is add tusks to a race. I first thought i'd add them as part of the hair... However, when wearing a hat they go away. I want this mask to show up when wearing hats but when i wear a fully encapsulating helmet i don't care so much if they disappear for now. If that's even possible. I don't want to add them to the head (unless that's the only way i'm told I can do it) because I'd like to add multiple styles of tusks.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. HUGE shoutout to DrPvtSkittles for your advanced race kit. I'm loving it. Also, i've been trying to use the Saturnian race mod as an example to code after, since it uses the proboscis. However, when copying copious amounts of assets into my mod and modifying the species file, i can't get it to run without crashing.

Anyway, i ramble. I'm a software dev by day, so this is right up my alley! Douzo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu! :)

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Aurix79 likes this.