1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Hello!

Discussion in 'Support' started by msulli1355, Jun 5, 2020.

1. msulli1355

msulli1355 Tentacle Wrangler

Hi! My name is Michael. I began playing Stardew Valley along with my wife on our Amazon Kindles, but the interface with Gunther doesn't work quite right. I try to donate artifacts to him, and there is no obvious way to exit the dialogue event. I actually had to hit the back button twice on my Kindle to get out of it. Gunther never took the artifacts. I usually end up taking them home (in the game) and putting them in the overnight box. I admit that I'm not sure if there is a way to make it work, and I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. I found a chicken statue on my farm that I tried to give to him. I placed the statue on one of the shelves. There was no confirm button or anything. I've learned from playing the Steam version that there is a very specific place that I have to put the artifacts where Gunther will accept them. Actually, most things in the game work better in the Steam version. Thank you for publishing this game.

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the forums, Michael! Nice to meet you!

About your problem, I am not sure I can help since I am a PC SDV player. But probably the SDV section here can help.

• msulli1355

I figured the Gunther thing out. I loaded my game on Kindle Fire and tried placing the items on top of the table that the Steam version defaults to. It worked. Now if I could only figure out the fishing interface. I'm at fishing lvl2 on Kindle. I got there from fishing junk out of the pond closest to the house on the default farm setting. Ia there a way to know how close to the next level I am on any particular skill?

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think no. There is no way you can see it (well, at least not in-game).

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to SDV Support.

• msulli1355

Now I've got a couple of new issues. I'm playing Stardew Valley A LOT right now. I am currently in Spring of Year 5. I bought animals in Winter of Year 2. My animals are 4 months old. Shouldn't they be older than that? Also, does wood rot in the inventory? I've lost a LOT of wood. I recently carried two stacks. Overnight they were gone. I went to repair a fence and the game reported that I had no wood. Fortunately, I can just cut a tree down to get more wood. But this concerns me very greatly.

• msulli1355

I found the wood. I'd stuffed it in a chest before I went into the mines. My animals are still only a month old...

How do you get chests into the overnight bin? I saw a guy on YouTube do it, but I can't figure it out myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2020
                • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@msulli1355 Please don't stack posts. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

• msulli1355

Thank you. I wasn't sure where my post was moved to. I have yet to learn what 'stack posts' means. Perhaps you could enlighten me? Thank you, nonetheless, for merging my posts. In my experience, most would have simply removed my account without a further word. Thank you for not doing that.

Pangaea likes this.
                    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Stacking posts is when you post multiple times in a row (usually within a short time) without anyone else posting between your posts. Most of the time it is unnecessary (posts can just be edited to include further information) and can be considered spam.

• msulli1355

Thank you for the explanation.