Modding Help Help Creating an Animation Replacer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Sasnox, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Sasnox

Sasnox Void-Bound Voyager

So pretty much I was wanting to know if there was a way I could create an animation replacer for weapons in Starbound. I've scoured Google and [redacted] as well as the Nexus Site, and even posted a discussion on steam with no answers after nearly a day. Is this even possible? If so, how do I start? Where do I begin? What programs do I use, and if there are any, what in depth tutorials can I reference? I'm only making an animation mod for skyrim as of now, but it's literally "Make a pose to pose animation, make sure file has the same name, replace skyrim file". But I know it's a bit more complicated than that with starbound. If it's possible to edit the number of frames in an animation, as well as altering when the attack actually strikes, then I would like to know that as well. It would open up so many new possibilities! I don't mind finding a coder or programmer to help out, I'm sure I can find one somewhere to help implement the animations if it's too complicated for me to figure out. But really, any help at all would be appreciated, mostly knowing if it's possible at all to make an animation replacer! I just want a sword and board Glitch Knight build where the animations don't pull me out of it. It may seem like a minor issue for most folk but good animation is what really draws me into the game after the story and world building.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017