Modding Help HELP- game will not start

Discussion in 'Mods' started by dreamingoffairys, Dec 21, 2020.

1. dreamingoffairys

dreamingoffairys Space Hobo

Hi all! New here, so apologies if this isn't where to put this.

With the new 1.5 Stardew update, that means I had to update all of my mods I had downloaded. Everything was working fine, and then I updated a random mod (I think it was my scarecrow replacement?), and suddenly the game refuses to start and I get an extremely long error message through SMAPI saying:

[game] The game failed to launch: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "TileSheets\furnitureFront". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\TileSheets\furnitureFront.xnb". File not found.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.LoadBase[T](String assetName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 180
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.RawLoad[T](String assetName, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 261
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.RawLoad[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 237
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0`1.<Load>b__0() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 106
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 102
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 99
    at StardewValley.Game1.LoadContent() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2813
    at StardewValley.GameRunner.LoadContent() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 830
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGameRunner.LoadContent() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGameRunner.cs:line 118
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
    at StardewValley.GameRunner.Initialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 676
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 301
    [SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

The problem seems to be this "Content\TileSheets\furnitureFront.xnb". File not found. message, but I've never seen a file called furnitureFront.xnb in any of my modding. I always save backup copies of files I remove from the game to replace with mods, and I've never seen a file like this in any of the original game source or any of my mods, and I'm really confused on why it's suddenly looking for this file when all I did was change out a scarecrow mod. Someone please help if you can, I can't play my game until I figure out what's going on!

• dreamingoffairys

• staxasnax

staxasnax Space Hobo

EDIT: [FIXED] ! Just verified files via Steam. Not sure what implications this will have for current playthroughs, but SMAPI correctly launches Stardew.

Made an account to bump this. Was really looking forward to 1.5 :(

https://smapi.io/log/bb6b9376380c4ac7930fe608e04930fc

P.S. Sorry if breaking any forum rules.

• dreamingoffairys

I ended up reinstalling the game- it seemed like the issue was I had replaced a file and accidentally deleted the original in the process. But now my game won't save, so that's cool lmao. But at least I solved that problem?

• kitsune_kami

kitsune_kami Space Hobo

i have the same problem, but with the hairstyles idk

what should i do then? :(