1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

[ Help ] help with the game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KaptoIIIka, May 28, 2020.

1. KaptoIIIka

KaptoIIIka Space Hobo

Good afternoon, forum users. I must say right away that I almost do not know English and use a translator (I am Russian). The game is suitable for minimum requirements, but after a while the game starts To lag awfully and you have to close, wait 5-10 minutes and open again. I would like to know how to fix it besides buying a new PC?

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Which game are you talking about?

3. KaptoIIIka

KaptoIIIka Space Hobo

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  4. Iris Blanche

Moved to Starbound Support. Please post in the right section next time. Also all posts have to be in english or provide an english translation.

As for your issue, please provide your PC specifications (CPU, RAM and so on).

5. KaptoIIIka

KaptoIIIka Space Hobo

6. Iris Blanche

It seems you're running Starbound at the absolute minimum as well as an outdated version. Is your Windows XP 32 or 64 bit?

7. KaptoIIIka

KaptoIIIka Space Hobo

8. Iris Blanche

The difference between 32 and 64 bit is very high for Starbound. Also given the specs of your Radeon, your VRAM is pretty low for Starbound as well (max. 256M:cool:. Don't get fooled by Starbound "only" being 2D and therfor not being demanding at all. Closing all unnecessary Software when running Starbound and maybe using mods that are intended for improving performance might be your best bet.

9. KaptoIIIka

KaptoIIIka Space Hobo

10. Iris Blanche

FYI C++ is still the fastest language regarding programming and the games you mentioned are written in said language. I am in that business myself.

And as i mentioned above you are at the absolute minimum with your specs as well as that you're on an outdated version. Either try turning off any unnecessary software and use performance mods or upgrade your machine. That's basically all you can do with your hardware.

11. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Turning off the vsync? It drastically decrease the lag in my PC. But yeah, I can't say the same with the others though. Some say it works, and some not.

Or maybe you can try using Optimizebound mod. But still, it's not the main solution, but probably helps... a bit.