Modding Help Help making an animated weapon

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by tankhegdhog, May 18, 2022.

1. tankhegdhog

tankhegdhog Intergalactic Tourist

Hey there, so first, I'd like to say that this is my first time doing any sort of coding or modding at all. I'm trying to make a weapon similar to a double bladed lightsaber. I found several different starbound modding guides online which I followed and I used the double bladed lightsaber from the star wars community mod as a starting point, making minor adjustments to the code and creating new art for my weapon.

However, despite finally getting it to stop crashing starbound every time it was loaded, I can now only get the green generic blocks to spawn when I try to spawn the psistaff (my new weapon) into the game. I know this is a common problem, but it seems from searching online that literally any problem with the mod that doesn't cause the game to crash, will instead cause this. This has made it difficult to figure out what the problem is. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the game doesn't like about my weapon, as everything looks to me like it's been done the same as the double-bladed lightsaber, which I know for a fact works (I've spawned those in before). I've attached the mod as a zip below.

I feel like the solution's probably something super simple, but whatever the problem is, it completely eludes me. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. tankhegdhog

tankhegdhog Intergalactic Tourist