Modding Help Help me understand Shuttlecraft NPC mounting mechanic

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SOP31, Jan 27, 2021.

1. SOP31

SOP31 Void-Bound Voyager

I have started learning to code just to get to the bottom of this,
    I have installed a mod named "Customizable Shuttle Craft" and found an interesting mechanic where the follower NPC's can mount you shuttle and man the guns.
    further more they can also pilot the shuttle should you provide the option...

I looked into the mod folder of my game, unpacked the mod and have been banging my head into wall for the past few weeks, I just don't know where to start!

I really would appreciate the community to help me out and take an expert look into the inner working of this mod, last I checked the mod was abandoned since 2017, it is not right to touch someone else's creation yes I know... but I couldn't reach the creator.

the reason I want to know is to figure out a way to get other vehicles from other mods to function the same way,
    seems like WolfenFLCN-11 mod also has a mechanic similar called "DRH"

I am still learning the inner makings of modding. but I would be grateful if anyone would take a look into the system, so far it has been the most robust system that really fascinated me in my playthrough.
    I have the files but rather not forward them here on the forums since I suppose that would get me in trouble, please respond and I will provide a Discord link where I can send you the files